Senior Applications Developer
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard Enterprise Applications Services is focused on the administration and support of all corporate business applications at Blackboard. As a member of the Sales and Service Automation team within Enterprise Applications Services, the Senior Applications Developer will be responsible for development and unit testing activities associated with Salesforce CPQ and Commerce Cloud for all Blackboard lines of business.
The Senior Applications Developer, Salesforce CPQ and Commerce Cloud, will play an integral role in the success of the group by ensuring consistency and repeatability in how the applications are delivered and managed across the enterprise.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Development and unit testing for the Salesforce CPQ and Commerce Cloud environment and interfaces with other applications like Vertex, Kimble, Azure integrations, etc.
- Maintaining user story and bug tickets
- Participating in and completing projects related to Salesforce CPQ and Commerce Cloud
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing directly on Salesforce/force.com products using APEX, Visualforce and SOQL on Sales Cloud
- Demonstrated experience with UI Customization, REST & SOAP API
- Salesforce Developer Certification
- Experience working with custom objects and workflow on the Lightning experience
- Clear and articulate oral/written communication
- Self-motivated to prioritize and execute tasks with time-sensitive deadlines
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong team and customer service orientation
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2+ years’ experience developing directly on Salesforce CPQ and B2B Commerce Cloud
- Salesforce CPQ Specialist Certification
- Salesforce B2B Administrator Accreditation
- Experience working in Agile teams, leveraging JIRA for user story and bug tracking
- GitHub and Continuous integration using Jenkins
- Force.com, including Eclipse Plug-in or similar
- Experience at technology company and/or in education
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible). This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national original, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military/veteran status, or any other protected factor. Req ID: BB-3489