*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Blackboard K12 Community Engagement Product team is looking for a knowledgeable, innovative Product Manager. This position will focus on the management of notification and mobile solutions within our Community Engagement portfolio. This will involve the management and enhancement of current capabilities and initiatives, as well as the development of new offerings with a focus on underlying technologies related to data integration and telecommunications. The Product Manager will play an integral role in the success of the Community Engagement solutions.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with a keen intellect, strategic and analytic skills, and strong ability to collaborate. You will need to have a strong understanding of agile development and work closely with highly technical development resources, but also be able to provide strategic vision to senior executives.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Eliciting market problems through research, productive relationships with customers across Blackboard’s client base, and internal sources of market knowledge and expertise; prioritize those problems against market and business needs; and own requirements definition in support of solving those market problems
- Managing offerings through their full lifecycle from concept to end of support
- Collaborating with product design and development teams to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of products
- Collaborating with other product managers to identify challenges and opportunities where reusable components could expedite delivery of value to the market and accelerate expanding capabilities across Blackboard’s portfolio of solutions
- Driving solution definition and go-to-market activities in support of achieving revenue goals for the products and services
- Leading an integrated team in support of organization-wide readiness of product releases
- Performing competitive analyses for responsible products
- Owning and developing multi-quarter product roadmap for the solution area working with other Solutions Product Managers to ensure that solution and services themes and roadmaps take into consideration market needs
- Leading and working with the operational services and delivery teams across Blackboard to ensure operational readiness including developing delivery materials and training delivery resources on new services
- Hosting customer focus groups to test and refine product ideas and strategies
- Representing Blackboard in key industry events and initiatives
- This role requires approximately 15-25% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in education software, learning applications and/or communications solutions
- Experience working and managing in an environment focused on the development, sales, or distribution of educational content or educational tools
- Expertise leading teams towards business goals
- An aptitude and interest in both business strategy and considerations, the latest concepts in product design, and an understanding of the latest technologies in the web and cloud computing areas
- Ability to conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation and communicate complex information to different target audiences
- Ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to problems
- Outstanding active listening skills
- Demonstrated communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, and short term and long-term planning skills
- Demonstrated history of being accountable for achievement of business objectives
- Strong customer focus, identifying business problems through a variety of techniques including face to face interviews, surveys and customer advisory boards and the skills to be able to communicate how these capabilities contribute to solving Institutions larger business challenges
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Independent, self-starter with strong prioritization, project management and coordination skills; and ability to excel in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Quick learner, organized, and self-motivated
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- SAFe Certification
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.