*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Senior UX Content Designer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our User Experience & Design (UXD) organization helps shape the future of Blackboard’s products and solutions. Made up of user experience and design leaders who work across both web and mobile platforms and take a hands-on role in a highly collaborative team environment, they champion best-in-class work throughout the Blackboard organization. Our team believes that user experiences are as much about behavior and emotion as they are about usability, utility, and accessibility.
The Blackboard UXD team has a proven track record of delivering high-quality products to our customer base. We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled, quality-minded, and detail-oriented individual to join our team. As Senior UX Content Designer, you will develop and curate in-product and help content for end users, with a special focus on the Developer Community experience. You will work alongside other UXD colleagues and Blackboard partners to deliver a cohesive user experience for Blackboard’s portfolio of products. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on your experience and portfolio.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Authoring text inside product user interfaces and ensuring text consistency as product design and development advances
- Collaborating with design, product management, and developers to ensure that in-product text supports a clear and useful user experience
- Writing and maintaining help content for Blackboard users on Blackboard Help
- Creating engaging multimedia or graphic content for Blackboard Help, including videos, annotated screenshots, and animated GIFs
- Coordinating and prioritizing the organization and publication of content on Blackboard Help with software releases and user needs
- Adhering to quality presentation standards and visual and architectural consistency
- Preparing English content for localization for global audiences
- Assisting in website maintenance and organization
- Assisting with user research to evaluate the quality of the end user experience
- Mentoring junior staff members to elevate the overall quality of team content
- Improving processes to streamline the content delivery process
- Representing Blackboard at client events in person and virtually as needed
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative content for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated ability to put yourself in the position of your users and create concise content to support anticipated needs, preferences, and learning styles
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to Communications or Computer Science
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience within a content related field
- Understanding of user experience design, content management systems, and web content strategy
- Excellent editorial, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- HTML, CSS, and image editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to express a point of view and exert influence
- Ability to:
- Navigate both the big picture and the details
- Manage (for self and others) shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Creatively solve problems and troubleshoot
- Contextualize and organize content in a user-friendly way
- Excel independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lead projects independently at different stages of delivery while also collaboratively working with other team members across other projects, without sacrificing quality
- Team player with excellent communication, cooperation, and presentation skills; ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas with senior level management
- Passionate about honing current skill set and increasing it where necessary for personal growth and to support the team
- Highly organized and motivated with a desire to prove yourself within a company of talented individuals
- Ability to motivate colleagues
- High standards of accountability, decision, schedules, and quality of work
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Previous experience in the education industry or with e-learning technologies
- Experience managing a website
- Experience creating content in Drupal-based web systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Please provide samples of your work with your application.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.