We’re looking for an IT Quality Assurance Automation Analyst to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Blackboard IT team is seeking an IT Quality Assurance Automation Analyst of Enterprise Applications. This role will have primary accountability for setting up and executing automated testing of various web applications, PeopleSoft FSCM, Salesforce and Oracle Fusion. The role will also be responsible for manual testing of the same applications based on business needs. The testing would include projects undergoing new development and regular maintenance cycles. The QA team is responsible for working with functional business analysts and developers in the selection, design, deployment, support, and on-going enhancement of business applications. This group supports Enterprise ERP ecosystem processes and technology including Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) as well as Order-to-Cash (OTC), Procure-to-Pay (PTP), Plan-to-Make (PTM), Record-to-Report (RTR) process areas as well as Client Support and Case Management process areas, and provides the mechanism for ensuring consistency and repeatability in how such applications are delivered and managed across the enterprise.
A successful candidate will understand and demonstrate a keen attention to detail, thorough documentation skills, an interest in learning multiple different systems and processes, and a desire to work independently while maintaining a high level of productivity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with other team members to understand testing needs and translate them into quality systems and reporting solutions
- Collaborating closely with relevant vendors for testing activities
- Building and maintaining an overall structure and suite of scripts to automate
- Providing QA support to project initiatives and system enhancement requests, with specific accountability for the following tasks:
- System scoping
- System testing, integration testing, regression testing and end to end testing
- Interpreting business requirements and creating test scenarios accordingly
- Liaison between end-users and developers
- Supporting the development team with testing and reporting defects
- Working closely with the business analyst to get thorough knowledge of requirements.
- Providing regular status on test related activities.
The Candidate should have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of software testing experience
- Experience in creating and maintaining automated test scripts using any scripting tool
- Experience in automation using Java & Selenium Web Driver.
- Experience in automation framework development using Page Object Model (POM) or Hybrid model, and TestNG
- Test reporting knowledge using Extent Report / other tools.
- Experience with end-to-end testing and UAT with end users
- Experience in creating regression and smoke testing suite
- Experience in agile testing methodologies
- Experience with data migration testing
- Knowledge of writing/executing test plans, test cases plus experience with understanding functional requirements, test coverage, defect entering/tracking and proving test results and status on a regular basis
- Self-motivation and drive, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and complex problem-solving abilities
- Experience testing in ERP systems (Oracle Fusion, Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP, Salesforce, or other)
- Experience using agile tools like JIRA
- Good to have knowledge in Git hub & Jenkins.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Working in an agile team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to quickly comprehend data/information in order to generate new ideas
- An innovative approach to learning and implementing new trends and ideas
- Dedication to internal and external customers
- Communication: Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations; listens well to various points of view; relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success; demonstrates compassion and understanding; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes.
- Self-Management: Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule; organized and efficient; ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
- Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful; seeks out challenging situations; encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
- Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Builds rapport quickly and easily; perceptive and adapts to situations, adjusting comments, emotional responses and non-verbal behaviors accordingly in order to demonstrate respect for the thoughts and feelings of others; remains authentic.
- Flexibility: Easily adapts to new methods and procedures; assists others; embrace disruptions as opportunities for improvement; responds to change initiatives with positive outlook and energy.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.