Remote - US
We’re looking for a Bid Response Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard’s Global Proposal Management team is responsible for ensuring that our clients and prospects receive proposals that are:
- On Time
- Visually Stunning
- High Quality
We are responsible for the submission of all RFI and RFP responses around the globe in markets including Government, Higher Ed, K12, Business, and not-for-profit.
We are proud of our culture and our brand within Blackboard. We adapt and change quickly to improve every day. As Bid Response Manager, you must not only be comfortable in that environment, but also be able to identify needed improvements and execute on the changes required to see the benefits. We are a remote global team and ability to thrive in a work from home environment is a must. We get together face to face when we can and have virtual fun in between.
The Bid Response Manager is a critical part of the Global Proposal Management team. You will lead the proposal development process, manage all aspects of proposal development, and effectively work across the organization to obtain information and content needed to deliver a compelling and compliant proposal. The primary functions you will provide are proposal management and bid strategy.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and analyzing RFPs assigned to them and articulate to the response team the key information that will influence bid decisions, development and strategy
- Leading, influencing, and coaching a dynamic cross functional team to effectively and efficiently create a high-quality response
- Assisting and coaching on writing value propositions, executive summaries, and other strategic written components
- Maintaining RFP meta data so that we can analyze performance and share our growth and improvement with leadership (via Salesforce)
- Elevating our skill and maturity as a Global Proposal Management team
The Bid Response Manager is a mid-level individual contributor. You will be expected to act independently but rely heavily on others to deliver and be able to lead without authority. Good judgement and business savvy are needed, but we are part of a close-knit team of peers and teammates that support, help, and learn from each other.
The Bid Response Manager is accountable for:
- Assessment of all bids assigned to support bid qualification decisions
- High quality proposal management of all bids we decide to pursue
- Managing/leading all aspects of RFP coordination, including acting as a liaison with all business units needed to provide information to complete the RFP requirements (finance, security, compliance, legal, HR, etc.)
- Owning the RFP response – holding all response team members accountable for deliver quality content on time
- Scheduling and leading kick off calls to understand the complete project, history, win themes, potential red flags, and gain agreement on project milestones and deliverables
- Quickly identifying those areas of the RFP/Tender response that will require additional work, clarification or escalation to ensure we can meet submission deadlines
- Ensuring RFP/Tender performance reporting and forecasting is accurate and timely
- Compiling edits and comments into a single draft document while maintaining version control
- Editing or write non-functional responses as needed
- Facilitating the development of bid response strategy
- Staying current on proposal best practices and market trends
- Participating and engaging in all team meetings and activities to maintain our culture
- APMP best practices and Body of Knowledge – Must have APMP Foundation level certification or be ready to pass exam in first 90 days
- Project team leadership and project management experience
- Bid Strategy experience
- Public Procurement experience
- Compelling business writing
- Knowledge of sales opportunity lifecycle
- Proven experience working in multiple geographies
- Minimum 2 years proposal management experience and/or project management experience having worked with multiple internal/external groups among all levels of an organization
- Experience managing large scale, complex bids for US$ 500K+ value with proven success
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Excellent problem-solving methodologies
- Excellent oral communication both presenting to teams as well as 1:1
- Solid written communications – both internal business communications (email, etc.) and compelling proposal writing
- Mastery of MS Word – ability to manipulate and assemble a beautiful proposal
- SharePoint savvy – know how to sync files and manage versions
- Ability to influence others and ensure deliverables are on time
- Ability to thrive in a remote, global team working from home
- Ability to conduct high quality meetings via web conferencing tools
- Agility – able to adapt quickly and embrace improvements and change
- Self-motivated; quick learner
- Curiosity and a desire to learn more
- Critical thinker – question and probe to uncover next layer of meaning or unspoken meaning
- Coachable – able to take and give feedback openly and honestly
- Emotionally intelligent and self-aware
- Professional and culturally aware
- Previous education experience
- Previous SaaS company experience
- APMP Practitioner or Professional level certification
- PMP or equivalent
- Salesforce experience
- RFPIO/RFP automation software experience
- Other business or self-development certifications
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national original, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA