Order Entry Analyst
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for an Order and Billing Process Clerk to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Order and Billing Process Clerk is a staff-level operations position in the Order Management & Invoicing Operations team in Blackboard’s Global Business Operations department. In this role, you will be responsible for processing and closing transactions in the sales systems and ensuring proper data flow to downstream financial systems to correctly generate invoicing, trigger commission accounting, record revenue, and initiate customer fulfillment and entitlements. You’ll support a specific market of the organization and will be responsible for maintaining market-specific knowledge.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Processing new sales and renewal contracts from Salesforce to Peoplesoft Financials with a strong transaction focus
- Ensuring that financial and administrative controls are maintained by reviewing sales deals and checklists, ensuring that pricing, discounts, promotions, and proposals are handled in accordance with internal guidelines
- Monitoring transactions for consistent data flow across multiple sales and finance systems
- Originating sales order data in the sales and financial systems, ensuring setup, revenue plans, and billing plans are correctly reflected
- Handling complex transactions, especially as related to complex customer contracts and accounting transactions
- Assisting with and/or making decisions about contractual realignments and invoicing modifications, based on a sound working knowledge of revenue/business models and the Bb product and services offerings as well as familiarity with the details of the global client base
- Ensuring all new and renewal transactions are processed for accurate and timely billing
- Daily monitoring of automated billing processes and invoice delivery mechanisms and uploading invoices into third party delivery system
- Acting as authoritative source on existing customer and contract detail and its implication for follow-on sales. Ensuring customer queries are handled professionally, completely, accurately, and with the highest urgency
- Participating in regular data/contract conversions associated with acquisitions and special projects
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize to accomplish specific tasks
- Ability to meet tight deadlines- meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively partner with clients, customers, and fellow colleagues of all levels
- Intermediate experience using Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Degree in Finance, Accounting (or related field) or commensurate experience
- Solid understanding of revenue recognition processes and requirements including external accounting principles, internal company practices, as well as an appreciation for risks involved
- Strong finance or operational background
- Salesforce or SalesLogix experience
- PeopleSoft Financials experience
- Experience with E-Rate program
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.