Service Delivery Manager
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Service Delivery Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our Client Support team has a proven track record of delivering high quality technical support to our customer base. As Service Delivery Manager, you will be a dedicated relationship manager with several elite Blackboard Managed Hosting clients and provide a superior level of client support, project management, communication, and documentation to the set of clients. You will facilitate the current standards, and constantly improve management, communication, and documentation within Blackboard’s Managed Hosting Services organization.
The roles and responsibilities of the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) will fall under the objective of facilitating the current standards, as well as constantly improving management, communication, and documentation within Blackboard’s MH/SaaS Services organization.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining day-to-day knowledge of all plans, activities, and status of projects and issues involving clients’ Learn SaaS environment
- Coordinating and facilitating regularly scheduled project and status update meetings with clients
- Troubleshooting product and SaaS environment issues to determine root cause and implement solutions/workarounds
- Serving as liaison with internal teams who deploy, configure, and maintain client environments within Managed Hosting and SaaS environments
- Planning, coordinating, and managing projects involving client’s infrastructure for scalability, optimal performance, and growth in coordination with clients and all elements within Blackboard (Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Mobile, Blackboard Collaborate)
- Focusing on delivering a positive client experience by actively supporting the client and keeping them up to date throughout the life cycle of support cases
- Providing client with deliverables including information regarding Escalation process, Operations handbook, Infrastructure changes, Monthly Reports and Meeting Minutes
- Providing timely and detailed reports of infrastructure changes, service outages, or degradation of services, and issuing resolution reports
- Undertaking technical and departmental projects as assigned
- Maintaining and driving strong process and policy adherence
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum 3+ years of project management responsibility planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing projects
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Sharp problem-solving, analytical and innovation skills
- Quality-conscious with strong attention to detail in documenting, handling, tracking technical issues
- An understanding of Internet application technologies including HTML, JSON, SQL, Java, Internet protocols, networking, firewalls, web server configurations, and security
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to translate complex ideas into simple language for non-technicians
- Excellent written communication skills and organizational skills
- Strong, self-driven team player who excels in Customer Service and understands the “customer first” philosophy
- Ability to lead a technical team and manage multiple resources in a high-interrupt environment
- Professional demeanor and ability to establish and maintain effective business and client relationships
- Strong leadership and project management skills; ability to drive projects from inception to completion
- Familiarity with product and/or project management best practices and procedures
- Experience in technical support of applications, specifically within SaaS environments
- A knowledge and understanding of online Learning Management Systems
- PMP/ITIL or equivalent certification
- Experience managing clients in a SaaS environment
- Fluency in Portuguese
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.