We’re looking for an Associate Inside Sales Representative to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard’s Inside Sales team is responsible for supporting and selling into the company’s more transactional, high-volume customers and prospects. As Associate Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for identifying new sales opportunities based on an assigned territory. You will meet or exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling Blackboard’s suite of products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the Blackboard solutions to customer business objectives, while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition for the customer. Territory assignments will include existing Blackboard customers and as well as institutions that do not own any current Blackboard solutions.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas while adhering to Blackboard’s sales rules of engagement
- Making prospecting a part of the regular routine, ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis
- Expanding the revenue opportunity within new and existing accounts by selling incremental follow-on business
- Conducting dynamic and well-informed on-line sales presentations and product demos for potential customers
- Delivering a highly accurate sales forecast, both short- and long-term
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills; attending training events throughout the year; participating in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate; using this product knowledge to recommend targeted campaigns throughout the year
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry
- Becoming proficient with SalesForce.com and effectively using the SalesForce automation tool to enter all sales information into this system to support accurate and proper forecasting/reporting
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products and creating targeted prospects based on learnings
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, marketing webinars, and trade shows on request
- Preparing written presentations and reports and requesting price quotations
- Providing input when required for contract negotiations
- Managing sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently employing Blackboard resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale
- Accurately utilizing sales tools and technology to ensure accuracy in meeting weekly and monthly metrics
- Working with your manager to define and execute territory sales plans
- Developing positive relationships with other employees in Solution Engineering, Marketing, SaaS Product Support, Finance and Product Deployment, Customer Success and other departments as needed
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization to ensure that knowledge and expertise is leveraged throughout the sales team
- 0-2+ years’ sales experience in proactive client support roles and/or enterprise software or commerce solutions via phone, ideally in related industries, and/or complex solution software sales industries
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 20+ sales opportunities at any given time
- Effective communication style with strong written and presentation skills
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, discussing solutions with decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Ability to effectively manage your time
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with customers
- High energy and a competitive sales drive
- Enthusiastic and a terrific work ethic
- Knowledge of both the higher education market and the commerce/security industry
- Successful achievement of $400K+ annual quotas, using a consultative selling methodology via phone and web conferencing
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.