Business Operations Analyst
We’re looking for a Business Operations Analyst to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
This role falls within Blackboard’s Learn Operations organization, which is responsible for managing projects and ongoing improvements for our flagship Learn application in both our managed hosting and cloud SaaS offerings. As Business Operations Analyst, you will manage and maintain a cohesive view between product offerings, handle operations metrics and version management, and drive process improvements.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Organizing, leading, and participating on project related calls and coordinating tasks among internal and external partners
- Planning, organizing, monitoring, and controlling projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion
- Developing and socializing potential risk mitigation strategies
- Effectively communicating with managers, peers, and business partners on deliverables, timelines, and support needed
- Performing project management responsibilities relating to client enhancements and conversions
- Play the role of problem manager for key products as assigned
- Participate in post-mortem meetings and drive teams to identify root cause including well defined corrective/preventative action plans
- Pro-actively identify operational issues and trends
- Ensure recurring incident resolution is addressed with urgency
- Assisting in defining the scope and impact of projects and effectively communicating the impact on the organization
- Establishing project tasks and timelines and effectively managing them
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Determining operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications
- Recommending controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures
- Performing daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- 2-5+ years of experience
- Good experience with reporting tools like PowerBI, Excel
- Experience in working with 24x7x365 Operations team
- Strong understanding of support incident, change and problem management process (ITIL)
- Experience creating and maintaining SOPs
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience in ticketing tools like ServiceNow, JSD, etc.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Kanban
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good presentation skills; ability to create and run presentations and reports on tight schedules
- Ability to track problems to resolution, identify risks in the product based on versions, releases, changes etc.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area of study, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in the education industry and with e-learning technologies
- Background in content/knowledge management or digital asset management
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch Tuesday – Thursday and evening snacks Monday – Friday
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.