Senior Software Engineer
Remote – Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As a member of our Product Development organization, you’ll work in an agile environment delivering industry-leading SaaS products and web service platforms. As a Senior Software Engineer within this organization, you will collaborate in the development of backend micro-services using Java, Node.js, or similar technologies.
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of RESTful web services, authentication and access management protocols and products (SAML, OIDC, OAuth)
- Knowledge of Docker- and Kubernetes-based CI/CD lifecycles and pipelines
- Knowledge of large-scale, cloud environments; AWS; cloud-based solution implementation and maintenance
- Knowledge of domain driven design and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with API gateway technologies (such as Ambassador, Kong, or Gloo)
- Experience with container-based technologies (such as Istio, JenkinsX, or Fluentd)
- Experience with AWS services (such as Kubernetes, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Aurora)
- Experience with Java and common Java frameworks
- Experience with scripting language (such as Python, Ruby, or Groovy)
- Proficient in common storage and messaging technologies (SQL, NoSQL, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch)
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in the education industry and with e-learning technologies
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: BB-3873