Remote – Chile
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
*Please note that the individual who fills this role will work with Blackboard through a third-party employer relationship, not as a direct employee of Blackboard*
Our Solutions Engineers explain, demonstrate, and prove the value of our technologies and services for our clients. We listen and engage to understand our clients’ educational strategies and key initiatives so that we can identify critical capabilities where our solutions can deliver value. Solutions Engineers work alongside our sales teams, product development teams, global client experience teams, consulting teams, channel partners and services professionals to design the right solution set for each customer so that they can realize the maximum value and alignment to their goals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining expert level knowledge and proficiency in Blackboard products, including their functionality, application, administration, and deployment methodologies
- Maintaining familiarity with our partner solutions and knowing when to propose them as part of a customer solution set
- Participating in client discovery calls, listening to customer desires, and creating account value proposals that relate Blackboard solutions to customers’ strategic goals and initiatives
- Managing and delivering high quality technical validation events (Presentations, Demonstrations, Evaluations, Pilots) to include tailoring the solution, configuration and data to support customer requirements
- Working with all members of the regional sales teams, regardless of geographic distribution, to articulate product strategic value, develop client-focused solutions, and document solutions in proposals
- Working with the global client experience teams to improve our current client's engagement levels, managing, and delivering highly customized presentations and demonstrations according to client's needs
- Building and maintaining Blackboard champions in our customer/user community to include participation in trade shows, conferences, user groups, etc.
- Providing rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales teams and channel partners
- Providing insight, feedback, and recommendations to product managers to improve Blackboard’s ability to respond to customer challenges
- Developing and delivering responses to RFPs/RFIs
- This role requires 50% travel
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in information technology management, instructional design or another education-related field
- Understanding of the application of instructional technologies to varied teaching and learning environments, especially assessment and accreditation
- Understanding of enterprise level IT infrastructure, deployment methodologies, and cloud/SaaS environments
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience, preferably in enterprise sales and/or education technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional ability to present to small and large groups of people who may have varied roles, experience, and perspectives
- Ability to work independently, in a geographically dispersed team and be self-motivated
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish
- Understanding of accrediting entities and accreditation standards
- Understanding of diverse education strategies
- Proven ability to engage effectively through web conferencing technologies
- Experience working in a higher education/corporate learning setting
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.