Senior eCommerce Manager
Remote - Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Senior eCommerce Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Senior eCommerce Manager is responsible for collaborating cross-functionally to manage and direct all aspects of our newly emerging eCommerce business. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, and IT to plan, implement and optimize the rollout of eCommerce.
The Senior eCommerce Manager will report into the VP of North America Field Marketing with accountability to Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and IT to communicate the performance of the eCommerce channel in achieving the sales targets ascribed.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading the effective planning and execution of an eCommerce strategy, aligning with the business plan and revenue model, and working cross-functionally with teams to identify the appropriate solutions and corresponding sales targets for the channel
- Orchestrating all aspects of a strategic eCommerce plan, in coordination with the IT project manager and available change management resources. Leverage stakeholders and expertise in sales, marketing, technology, and management to deliver a superior brand and shopping experience for all visitors both prospects and clients
- Coordinating with the appropriate teams on the design and delivery of integrated marketing campaigns that will deliver an increase in site traffic, conversion rates, overall order size and manage margin performance across the identified product lines
- Collaborating with the brand, digital demand/web, and product marketing teams to manage the overall user experience, including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns
- Leading an integrated team of stakeholders to develop proficiency in understanding and appropriately leveraging eCommerce as a sales channel, such that they can effectively help advise, develop, and execute on creative eCommerce solutions
- In partnership with the Head of Digital Demand & Marketing, co-owning and advising product and field marketing teams on digital marketing solutions social media integration, SEO and other monitoring methodologies and analytics
- Providing thought leadership, innovation, and process optimization initiatives such as implementing eCommerce software and other industry best practices
- Identifying new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current brand offering
- Delivering regular analytics and reporting on the performance of the eCommerce channel via a set of agreed upon metrics to sales, marketing, and CEOLT leadership members
- This role requires approximately 10% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 8+ years of prior related marketing experience
- 3+ years of eCommerce experience (B2B preferred)
- Outstanding writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Proven track record of coordinating across various business lines such as sales, marketing, and IT to support high visibility projects to ensure success
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Industry or vertical marketing experience or education
- Experience delivering to a C-Level audience or executives
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.