Remote – Singapore
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our Solutions Engineers explain, demonstrate, and prove the value of our technologies for our clients. We listen and engage to understand our clients’ educational strategies and key initiatives so that we can identify critical capabilities where our solutions can deliver value. Solutions Engineers work alongside our sales teams, channel partners and services professionals to design the right solution set for each customer so that they can realize the maximum value and alignment to their goals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining expert level knowledge and proficiency in Blackboard products, including their functionality, application, administration, and deployment methodologies
- Maintaining familiarity with our partner solutions and knowing when to propose them as part of a customer solution set
- Participating in client discovery calls, listening to customer needs, and creating account value proposals that relate Blackboard solutions to customers’ strategic goals and initiatives
- Managing and delivering high quality technical validation events (Demonstrations, Evaluations, Pilots) to include tailoring the solution, configuration, and data to support customer requirements
- Working with all members of the regional sales teams to articulate product strategic value, develop client-focused solutions, and document solutions in proposals
- Building and maintaining Blackboard champions in our customer/user community to include participation in trade shows, conferences, user groups, etc.
- Providing rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales teams and channel partners
- Providing insight, feedback, and recommendations to improve Blackboard’s ability to respond to customer challenges
- Developing and delivering responses to RFPs/RFIs
- This role requires 40-50% travel
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology Management, Instructional Design or other education-related field
- Understanding of the application of instructional technologies to varied teaching and learning environments, especially assessment and accreditation
- Understanding of enterprise level IT infrastructure, deployment methodologies, and cloud/SaaS environments
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience, preferably in enterprise sales and/or education technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional ability to present to small and large groups of people who may have varied roles, experience, and perspectives
- Ability to work independently, in a geographically dispersed team and be self-motivated
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Significant experience working in a higher education/corporate learning/K-12 institutions
- Advanced degree
- Fluency in other languages local to Asia Pacific
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.