Product Marketing Manager
Remote - Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Product Marketing Manager role will be a voice and a face of Blackboard’s accessibility solutions, both internally and externally. A successful candidate will understand how to translate our product strategy into the plan to drive sales, retention numbers, and client adoption. As a member of a global organization, this team member should also be comfortable with working with departments around the world.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the target market, personas needs and pains, and associated buyer journey
- Collaborating across industry and product management to deliver market-ready solutions designed to inform and drive corporate market and field activities
- Defining solution positioning and messaging including identification of client and prospect needs and competitive differentiators
- Working with the regional field marketing teams to communicate Blackboard’s proposition to appropriate personas for customers and prospects
- Managing and developing the creation of effective sales tools and assets including sales training
- Defining solution campaign strategy and creating compelling content to create awareness and drive leads
- Being a reliable, thoughtful, effective voice for strategies and tactics to support the sales of portfolio solutions
- Evangelizing Blackboard accessibility solutions at industry conferences and online forums as a presenter and educational technology expert
- Supporting global sales teams
- This role may require approximately 10-20% travel
- 5+ years of applicable B2B product, services, or solutions marketing experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a business-related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience developing proactive marketing campaigns
- Ability to translate client needs into marketing requirements and effective messaging and positioning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with senior levels of management within Blackboard and across external partners
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Practical experience in and familiarity with education
- Familiarity with principles of content marketing and demand generation
- Familiarity with WCAG, ADA, and/or other accessibility standards
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.