Marketing Manager, Business & Government
Remote – US
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard helps businesses and associations provide today's diverse employees and learners with flexible professional development, training, and online learning that they need to be successful—transforming organizational learning into a strategic advantage. In the government space, we help clients meet their diverse missions by providing an agency’s learners with Blackboard Learn SaaS, our premier learning management system offered on AWS GovCloud.
The Marketing Manager for Business & Government will lead strategy and execution of campaigns and initiatives in support of new client acquisition and client retention in both the commercial and government (federal, state, and local) markets within the US and Canada. This critical role will report into the Senior Manager, Performance Marketing and orchestrate the demand engine for the Blackboard’s best-in-class education technology solutions.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Strategizing, executing, tracking, and optimizing performance of integrated marketing plans that generate quality pipeline and move prospects through the sales cycle for Blackboard in the NA Business and Government markets. This includes planning for and monitoring performance of marketing return on investment
- Developing integrated demand generation programs that take prospects through a sequential journey through the sales process, from prospecting to the close of sale and beyond, including renewal/retention support delivering results in the form of new and renewal sales revenue
- Coordinating with cross-departmental teams – including brand and creative, product marketing, digital marketing, inside sales, events, client retention, etc. – to execute campaigns that may be national in scope, or customized to specific regions or territories, account size, account characteristics, or targeted personas
- Partnering with product marketing, brand, and creative teams to guide the creation of marketing content (white papers, video, etc.) that is tailored to buyer personas and increases buyer engagement
- Adapt corporate content to the business and government markets
- Represent business and government markets in corporate marketing efforts
- Defining marketing segments that align with sales goals to deliver relevant, focused messages and programs
- Tracking program results, measuring program success, and leveraging Salesforce to report metrics
- Maintaining program budget and optimizing campaign and event strategy to deliver maximum return on investment
- This role requires approximately 20% travel
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing or Communications
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Marketing experience
- Minimum of 3 years proven digital and direct response marketing experience, preferably with focus in the US Federal, State and Local government markets
- Digital marketing experience, including campaign design and execution for direct response, social marketing, and content syndication
- Experience with marketing channels in US commercial and government markets
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Working knowledge of email campaigns including A/B tests, delivery rates, open rates, click rates, and more
- Proficiency in database management, list generation and list segmentation
- Highly organized, with demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and both short- and long-term planning skills
- Strong project management and communication skills – both written and oral
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and leverage resources across the organization
- Flexible and able to accommodate and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to accommodate other points of view and accept feedback
- Accustomed to working within budget requirements and adapting as needed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with government markets
- Experience with software-as-a-service marketing
- Experience within e-learning industry
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CA, CO, MA