Sales Operations Specialist
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Sales Operations Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Sales Operations Specialist is a dedicated regional resource that is aligned to a Regional Vice President and team of Account Executives to guide and assist in all areas of the sales deal progression at Blackboard. This position is key to the successful closing of deals and is integral part of the process in driving new and renewal business.
This person will play an integral role in the success of the group.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Regional Vice President and team (as well as the Renewal AE) in operational deal progression by navigating through the post-quote CPQ process through contract delivery in Salesforce CRM
- Assisting Regional Vice President and Account Executive team with creation of sales and renewal templates to assist with deal structure and analysis
- Providing basic assistance with opportunity and quote management within SFDC
- Partnering with the region on financial model templates for deal structuring and analysis
- Working with Regional team on other reasonable duties and special projects assigned, relating to the successful progression and delivery of sales and renewal opportunities
- Understanding end-to-end processes and systems to ensure proper progression of deals and any downstream process implications
- Managing a geographic territory that aligns with a go-to-market region
- Managing market or region-specific knowledge to execute the sales process
- This is an internal-facing role
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a sales operation, sales support or finance-supporting operational role
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Strong customer focus and the ability to use independent judgment to solve complex sales issues
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize to accomplish specific tasks
- Ability to manage, analyze and track data for a sophisticated and often complex sales process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively partner with clients, customers, and fellow colleagues of all levels
- Intermediate experience using Excel
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- CRM and CPQ experience
- Four-year degree
- Salesforce CRM and Salesforce CPQ experience
- Advanced education in business preferred or equivalent experience
- Financial systems experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- CRM and CPQ experience
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.