Human Resources Consultant
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Human Resources Consultant to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Global HR Consulting & Delivery Team is responsible for the overall HR support of Blackboard’s business groups. As a key member of the HR Consulting & Delivery Team, the HR Consultant is responsible for partnering with the HR team, business leaders, and employees to engage them in HR programs, practices, and procedures that drive engagement, enablement, and consistent and equitable application across our global teams.
A successful candidate will be someone who loves a challenge, can navigate change, and is interested in making a difference on day one. The candidate will need to be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic organization. This position will support our corporate teams across the globe as well as the local office in Bogota.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with HR Business Partner(s) and business leadership teams to provide guidance on global employee relations issues, interpretations and administration of Company policies and procedures, and application of applicable global, state and federal employment laws and practices
- Collaborating with HR Business Partner(s) and business leaders to support talent management and working planning initiatives
- Acting as the initial contact for many types of employee and manager concerns
- Conducting investigations and making recommendations to the leadership teams regarding potential resolution to employee concerns and escalating issues as necessary
- Partnering with existing HR Consultant in the Blackboard Bogota office to monitor employment trends and provide recommendations to site leadership to increase engagement and improve the local employee experience
- Ensuring compliance with all local employment laws
- Providing information, guidance and direction on HR programs, processes, and procedures to employees and managers
- Collaborating with others on the HR team to plan for, deploy, and ensure compliance with cyclical employee programs (performance management, promotions, talent reviews, salary review cycles, etc.)
- Participating in the creation and facilitation of structured training programs and communication for employees relating to benefits, New Employee Orientation, management and leadership topics, and policy issues; answering related questions
- Partnering with managers to establish systems and programs to track employee turnover reasons and providing recommendations for solutions
- Collaborating with managers to establish a new hire follow-up program, consolidating feedback and creating metrics to track recruiting and on-boarding efforts recommending solutions
- Administering the exit process for departing employees locally as needed
- This role requires < 10% travel
- Minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience
- University degree in Human Resources or a business-related field, and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Demonstrated flexibility and agility to provide HR consultation in a dynamic global business environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding our business, partners, and employee matters
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion, and multi-task in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, written and oral communication skills, customer consultation and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to modify and adjust individual approach and delivery to fit specific situations
- Experience managing projects by establishing timelines, communication plans, and executing against the project and timeline
- Ability to function well in an environment involving pending deadlines, work prioritization, and emergency work requests
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to provide quality and timely customer service to internal clients
- Ability to be agile and navigate change
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and apply new and changing technology solutions
- Familiarity with local employment laws
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn chosen software programs
- Experience with HR systems and reporting
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Previous experience on a global HR team
- 2+ years of global HR experience in employee relations, recruiting, HR compliance, or HR operations
- Previous experience providing recommendations or consultative support to leadership
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard offices are closed, and employees are currently working remote where possible. New hires will be onboarded virtually where possible.
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 139