Associate Human Resources Specialist
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for an Associate Human Resources (HR) Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As Associate HR Specialist, you will be a key member of Blackboard’s HR Shared Services Team, supporting the organization’s broader Global HR Consulting & Delivery function. We work side-by-side with our HR Business Partners and HR Consultants to provide support to our internal clients and business groups.
You will report into the Manager of HR Shared Services and will work closely with other HR team members to support Blackboard’s Student Success contact center business. As Associate HR Specialist, you will touch every aspect of the employee lifecycle, making this an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their operational HR expertise in a fast-paced and collaborative learning environment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a primary HR contact and resource for Blackboard’s Student Success contact center workforce, answering questions regarding HR programs, policies, and procedures
- Acting as a resource for employees throughout the employment lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding
- Working closely with the talent acquisition team during hiring peaks to ensure a smooth assimilation and onboarding for new hires
- Helping to conduct virtual orientation sessions for non-seasonal employees and collaborating with the Student Success HR team to regularly update onboarding materials and processes
- Processing employment changes for staff in the HR system via MSS transactions and uploads, such as terminations, transfers, promotions, etc., and conducting audits as necessary
- Supporting payroll processes for the Student Services organization including final pay requests, off-cycle processing, incentive, and bonus payments
- Handling the intake and tracking of leaves of absence and workplace accommodations
- Assisting with employee benefits-related communications, including annual Open Enrollment, benefit eligibility, and general enrollment questions
- Processing and maintaining work authorization documentation (I-9s, etc.) and electronic employee files by collaborating with employees, managers, and various HR team members
- Assisting with the employee exit and checkout process and answering questions as needed
- Working closely with external vendors to process verification of employment requests, unemployment claims, etc.
- Partnering closely with the Student Success HR team to refine HR processes and procedures to ensure consistent application
- Staying current with changes in employment law and emerging trends; ensuring compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements
- Serving as an administrative resource for the HR Consulting & Delivery Team providing ad hoc reporting, information tracking, and HR program management
- Serving as a backup to Student Success HR Business Partner(s) and HR Consultant(s) as needed
- Providing ad hoc support of HR programs that are specific to the Bogota office
- University degree in Human Resources or a business-related field, and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Strong communications skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Basic knowledge of HR/personnel practices and principles, and global labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and strong attention to detail
- Desire to collaborate with team members across several organizations, ask questions, and research to understand how to best respond to internal clients
- Proven ability to modify and adjust individual approach and delivery to fit specific situations
- Prior experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion, and multi-task in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to handle a high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
- Ability to be agile and navigate change
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and Office 365
- 1+ year of prior relevant experience
- Prior experience working in a global organization on a geographically dispersed team
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.