Client Support Specialist
Remote – Czech Republic
We’re looking for Client Support Engineers to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
We have opportunities for several motivated, technically-savvy and customer focused Client Support Specialists to join our Client Support team and work together with our clients’ System Administrators to deliver exceptional customer service.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing multi-level troubleshooting and technical support to Blackboard Learn clients
- Documenting customer issues, reproducing and gathering details on a reported problem until resolved or escalation to Product Development
- Working closely with other teams (Operations, Product Development, Service Delivery Managers, etc.)
- Drafting, reviewing, and publishing product bugs/fixes into the Blackboard Knowledge Base
- Representing the Client Support department in various support meetings or reviews, with both internal product teams as well as external clients
- Providing outstanding customer service with every interaction by representing the voice of the customer; making their issue your issue until resolved
- Experience supporting Web and Mobile Applications (Android, iPhone)
- Versatile working with Web Application integrated systems:
- REST API
- Database (SQL querying)
- Tomcat Webserver logging
- Understanding of Authentication mechanisms - SSO (ADFS, SAML, LDAP)
- Python – ability to install and run scripts
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Competent verbal and writing skills with a focus on a professional communication style in a business environment
- Effective listener and communicator with the ability to convey complex ideas to both external clients and internal team members
- Ability to analyze information, identify key trends and follow a playbook to diagnose technical and application issues
- Experience working in distributed teams with coworkers in other locations
- Fluency in French or Spanish in addition to English
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI)
- Docker experience
- Understanding of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Experience in an enterprise level technical support environment
This position can be remote based within the Czech Republic.
Blackboard has an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless walkable places to eat
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.