Client Support Specialist
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Client Support Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our Client Support team has a proven track record of delivering high quality technical support to our customer base. As a Client Support Specialist on our Tier 1 team, you will be responsible for providing multi-level troubleshooting and technical support to Blackboard Learn clients via phone, email, and social forums.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Documenting customer issues, reproducing and gathering details on reported problems through resolution or escalation to Tier 2
- Drafting, reviewing, and publishing product bugs/fixes into the Blackboard Knowledge Base
- Representing the Client Support department in various support meetings or reviews with both internal product teams as well as external clients
- Providing outstanding customer service with every interaction by representing the voice of the customer, making their issue your issue until resolved
- Any relevant experience in an enterprise-level technical support environment
- Proficient with multiple operating systems environments including Windows and Red Hat
- Experience with system maintenance tasks including operating system installs and upgrades
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a focus on professional communication style in a business environment; ability to effectively convey complex ideas to both internal team members and external clients
- Familiarity with front end debugging tools (inspector, console, and network tool)
- A general understanding of LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- Ability to analyze information, identify key trends, and follow a playbook to diagnose technical and application issues
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask daily work with frequent interruptions
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Previous use of Blackboard Learn or similar LMS
- Industry certification (A+, Linux+, CCNA, etc.)
- Data networking knowledge to include routers, configuration, and operation
- Knowledge of CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Fluency in Portuguese
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.