Senior Data Analyst
Remote – Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As Senior Data Analyst, you will report into the Developer and Agile Advocacy team within the Shared Services organization in Product Development and Delivery (PDD). The Shared Services team provides world-class engineering services, enabling teams to deliver superior user experiences and continuously improve their performance, which positions them to rapidly advance learning. We’re looking for someone who can play an integral role in the success of the PDD organization with the specific goal to help teams understand the value they are providing.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with a diverse set of stakeholders (at varying levels in the organization) across PDD to define data needs in support of a variety of metrics & analytics
- Communicating those needs with engineering to identify data sources and define data acquisition needs
- Constructing and applying standard statistical analysis to identify trends and patterns and understand the quality and variability of our data
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing optional needs from the underlying true needs
- Using data visualization programs, tools, and techniques to generate dashboards, reports and presentations that aid in data storytelling
- Presenting findings from dashboards to help teams interpret the data being shared
- Taking initiative to eliminate short-term bottlenecks in process and helping to guide permanent process improvement
- 3+ year of related experience in project management, business analysis, data science, quality assurance, or engineering
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 or Cambridge FCE levels or above
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships across the organization
- Detail-oriented with exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize activities and follow through with timely execution
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PowerBI
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with ETL processes
- Experience with BI Platforms such as Microsoft Power BI or AWS Quick Sight
- Ability to write SQL and limited code scripting experience
- Completion of TOEFL
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.