Client Support Engineer
Remote – Czech Republic
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
We have opportunities for several motivated, technically-savvy and customer focused Client Support Engineers to join our Client Support team and work together with our clients’ System Administrators to deliver exceptional customer service.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing multi-level troubleshooting and technical support to Blackboard Learn clients
- Documenting customer issues, reproducing and gathering details on a reported problem until resolved or escalation to Product Development
- Working closely with other teams (Operations, Product Development, Service Delivery Managers, etc.)
- Drafting, reviewing, and publishing product bugs/fixes into the Blackboard Knowledge Base
- Representing the Client Support department in various support meetings or reviews, with both internal product teams as well as external clients
- Providing outstanding customer service with every interaction by representing the voice of the customer; making their issue your issue until resolved
- Experience supporting Web and Mobile Applications (Android, iPhone)
- Versatile working with Web Application integrated systems:
- REST API
- Database (SQL querying)
- Tomcat Webserver logging
- Understanding of Authentication mechanisms - SSO (ADFS, SAML, LDAP)
- Python – ability to install and run scripts
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise-level technical support environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Competent verbal and writing skills with a focus on a professional communication style in a business environment
- Effective listener and communicator with the ability to convey complex ideas to both external clients and internal team members
- Ability to analyze information, identify key trends and follow a playbook to diagnose technical and application issues
- Experience working in distributed teams with coworkers in other locations
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- AWS certification, ITIL certification
- Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI)
- Docker experience
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS)
This position can be remote based within the Czech Republic.
Blackboard has an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless walkable places to eat
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 269