EdTech Product Manager – Blackboard Collaborate
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Blackboard Teaching and Learning Product Management team is focused on the roadmap and product evolution of Blackboard’s Teaching and Learning products. This position supports the success of Blackboard Collaborate and the concerns of Collaborate users in general. You will work closely with the Senior Product Manager and a team of Product Owners located across the world. You will work with several remote teams, including outside of Colombia.
The Product Manager is the go-to person for any questions or communication related to the product and must work closely and effectively with the numerous and varied teams and individuals contributing to the product, including product design, engineering, quality assurance, marketing, sales, and support. A successful candidate will possess the skills needed to define, market, and support the product to current and prospective customers.
Your role will be focused on both internal and external communications and enablement, release management, as well as responsibility for some of the new features as needs arise.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with the sales enablement team on continuous enablement of our field teams to position Collaborate, its value and vision, and how the features and roadmap support those
- Communicating with other internal teams in coordination with the Sr. Product Manager to inform about our development plans and progress
- Becoming a subject matter expert who our RFP team can rely on for specific questions, and coordinating with other internal Subject Matter Experts when needed
Release Management and Support
- Being responsible for the “go to market” of new features. Working with our development team, our content writer, and support teams to align on release plans, review release notes, and documentation
- Coordinating when needed support communication on known issues, deprecations, etc.
- Drafting product marketing briefs, reviewing collaterals created by our Product Marketing team, and making sure they include the pedagogic perspective
- Engaging with our users on our community site, at events, webinars, user-group meetings
- Supporting our Client Success and Solution Engineer teams with webinars they deliver on topic related to online pedagogy and the best use of Blackboard Collaborate. Offering thought leadership in the digital learning field and demonstrating product impact in the market
- Delivering roadmap presentations in coordination with the Sr. Product Manager
- Managing client sales escalations and coordinating internally for appropriate response when needed
Product Research and Management
- Drafting and maintaining competitive deep dive analysis for use by the Product team, UXD team as well as sales enablement and product marketing teams
- Taking responsibility for some features in accordance with the Sr. Product Manager
- Researching and understanding the problems of instructors and students and being able to accurately and thoroughly articulate requirements which strive to solve the problems identified. Coordinating with the Product Owner through the development lifecycle until the release
- Obtaining feedback from users, customers, sales, engineering, and other constituencies
- Maintaining awareness of trends in education and technology
- Managing feature specific pilot programs and communication when appropriate
This role requires approximately 10% travel (when business travel resumes).
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Comfortable with public speaking and community and client relationship management
- Intrinsically motivated and thrive in contexts where they get ownership of a topic or tasks and ability to autonomously organize and deliver, as well as coordinate with various teams
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, including building collaboration and consensus among diverse teams of peers, experts, and senior management
- Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast paced, demanding international environment
- Good understanding of pedagogic practices and the education context for technology-mediated teaching and learning
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of software product management experience
- Experience/background in Product Marketing/Client Success/Sales
- Experience with working with teams in an Agile or Scaled Agile Framework methodology (SAFe 5)
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free bike parking for employees and paid bike parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 281