Human Resources Business Partner
Brno, Czech Republic
We’re looking for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The HRBP will be a member of our Global HR Consulting & Delivery Team, which is responsible for the overall HR support of Blackboard’s business groups. As an HRBP, you will report to the Sr HR Business Partner Lead for Blackboard’s Product Development & Delivery organization, helping to support a 700+ person (and growing) global technology organization. Your ownership and accountability will be broad, with influence over many aspects of the Product Development & Delivery organization. You’ll complete daily tactical responsibilities, coach managers on organizational and people-related issues, and contribute strategically to the business.
A successful candidate will be someone who loves a challenge, can navigate change, and is interested in making a difference on day one. The candidate will need to be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic organization, and should have experience building strong, respectful relationships aimed at helping to influence the right outcomes for the business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing HR programmatic support, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Serving as a trusted advisor to leadership, providing guidance, constructive feedback, and consulting on all aspects of policy interpretation, talent management, change management, organization design, role design, workforce planning, leadership/employee development, employee engagement, and retention
- Proactively assessing individual team member and manager development needs, making recommendations, and implementing creative, integrated solutions
- Utilizing workforce analytics and reporting to recommend people-centric solutions based on business needs
- Participating in development and facilitation of HR training programs aimed at developing staff and managers
- Collaborating and partnering with U.S. and Global HR team members on strategic initiatives and to plan for, deploy, and ensure compliance with cyclical employee programs throughout the year (performance management, promotions, talent reviews, salary review cycles, bonus administration, etc.)
- Integrating and working with key partners from our Global Talent Acquisition, Finance, Compensation, and Legal teams to implement solutions aimed at scaling the business
- Working closely with our Employee Relations and HR Consultant partners to support employee relations issues and concerns
- Working on strategic projects to help improve current processes and/or programs to drive business objectives
- Participating as an integral member of the extended HR team and acting as a mentor to junior staff
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees across the globe (but particularly in the Czech Republic), reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Partnering closely with Brno office site leadership and supporting managers and employees locally on the ground
- 6+ years progressive HR generalist and/or business partner with experience supporting global teams
- Deep knowledge of Czech employment laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related discipline
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Strong understanding of traditional HR tools: staffing, organization design, performance management, HR measurement, and legal compliance
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid experience in employee relations, investigations, accommodations, etc., including ability to navigate complex employee situations
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical
- Strong influencing and coaching skills for leaders and managers on handling a variety of workplace issues and concerns
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Advanced HR certification and/or master’s degree
- Prior HR-related experience supporting technical teams
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Flexible work hours with no expectations of overtime
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless walkable places to eat
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 305