Remote – US
We’re looking for a Web Developer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Slicing Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD files into various graphical image files for use on a website and translating imagery into appropriate coding
- Developing websites that are fully accessible based on the recommendations of the W3C WCAG 2.0 and are compliant against the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as Amended in 1998
- Developing reusable performance optimized front-end (HTML5, CSS3, and JS) for websites using a CMS and is a resource for improvements
- Carrying out QA process, performance optimization, and support on front end coding with the objective of decreasing support requests and improving processes
- Effectively communicating with clients and internal team members on project phases, goals, and completion dates
- Developing/using internal resources or identifying external resources to create quality solutions that result in positive outcomes
- Independently interacting with clients and providing guidance to others in this area to gain client trust and develop relationships
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of K-12 web industry
- Participating in mentoring of new team members
- Being responsible for the quality of each development solution
- Updating 3rd party project management programs as well as using sound communication skills to keep clients and coworkers up to date on projects
- Implementing the standards, processes, or procedures currently maintained for the Creative Services Team
- Troubleshooting and resolving support issues through code or process improvement
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of Blackboard’s Web Community Manager and associated K12 products and services
- Maintaining high individual performance in areas of revenue, utilization, and project efficiency with a focus on scope control
- Representing Blackboard in a professional capacity both internally and externally
- Minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience and/or a strong development portfolio and educational background
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong ability to hand-code unobtrusive, optimized DOM scripting
- Possess a keen eye regarding a high level of detail and demonstrate pixel-perfect design across various web browsers
- Possess a solid foundation in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Accustomed to working on multiple complex projects simultaneously and maintaining a high quality of work
- Encourages passion and excitement in peers
- Passion and enthusiasm for web development and technology industry
- Understanding of the education market
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions for accessibility based on the W3C WCAG 2.0 AA standards and Section 508 guidelines
- Interest in or skills associated with responsive web design
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA
Req ID: 256