Client Success Manager
Remote – US
We’re looking for a Client Success Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our Client Success Team works closely with Account Executives to promote the successful adoption of our solutions and to resolve troublesome customer issues by identifying and targeting root causes, while balancing the financial realities and strategic goals of the company. They are responsible for the ongoing engagement with clients, product adoption, the client experience, and ultimately, client retention. This team wears many hats and consequently has excellent domain, product, and account management skills. As Client Success Manager (CSM) on this team, you will support our clients in Blackboard products to their fullest potential, and ultimately expand their solutions with Blackboard.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- For all products in the K12 Platform
- Implementation and training are performed by the K12 Implementation and Training teams. The CSM is responsible for managing the product health and education on the process once they exit the implementation process
- Adoption- guiding customer in best practices; engaging multiple departments and helping districts/departments identify various applications to create product stickiness; maintaining proactive communication with customer throughout the relationship to ensure satisfaction
- Working with Marketing to create campaigns/programs to increase adoption/utilization and helping to increase corporate event attendance
- Ensuring all customers know about the newest versions of each product and creating a plan to migrate each customer to newest version
- Primary technical support to customers seeking assistance via telephone, email, text, etc. is handled by the Support team. The CSM will assist with escalations from clients as appropriate
- Managing client health directly with clients in one-on-one and one-to-many interactions
- Partnering with AE and Renewal Executive to assure strong adoption and renewals
- Identifying sales opportunities within the accounts that make up your book of business
- Reviewing each of your accounts to determine white space, gaps in each account that can be filled by products and services which Blackboard can fill resulting in increased contract value or one-time sales
- Creating leads/opportunities for these products and services in Salesforce
- Following-up with the salesperson assigned to the account where opportunity exists
- Sharing all details pertinent to potential sales and defining how to proceed
- Ensuring follow-up takes place on the lead and that lead is converted to an opportunity
- Continuing follow-up of each opportunity to its resolution, win/loss
- Maintaining a high frequency of interaction with assigned book of accounts
- Proactively reaching out to gauge satisfaction and assign account risk, discuss recent product enhancements, encourage usage and adoption, source opportunities for new product/bundles, communication goals, etc.
- Escalating to various support resources when necessary
- All interactions with each account must be documented in Salesforce
- All accounts must be touched on a quarterly basis with health updated in Salesforce
- Face-to-face meetings onsite and at conferences
Account Plan Development
- Developing a growth plan for each account
- Understanding the district’s goals for each product in place, milestones that provide clear vision to how and when these goals are met
- Understanding of how the district is using each product; identifying additional use cases for each product
- Creating an adoption plan by product that ensures goals will be met
- Identifying any elements of risk associated with each product
- Identifying all upsell or expansion opportunities for the account
- Understanding health status down to product level
This role requires approximately 40-60% travel.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, analytical, creative problem-solving, and short- and long-term planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to and development of teammates for successful client retention
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Computer proficiency including full command of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Salesforce, and other applications utilized for position
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong team player and multi-tasker
- Ability to exercise discretion, creative decision-making, and good judgment
- Ability to stay calm in an emergency and take swift action
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to specific client needs and think independently
- Comfortable with managing conflict and working with diverse populations
- Presence to command a roomful of participants in trainings, presentations, and renewal discussions
- Demonstrated ability to act as advocate for clients to drive feature enhancements, efficient processes, and general product/service improvement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree in Information Technology Management, Instructional Technology, Community Engagement, Accessibility, or other education-related field
- Proven track record of successfully managing large/high visibility projects or initiatives and developing strong client relationships at all levels of an organization
- Experience working in the K12 sector
- Previous experience in effective account management, strong customer orientation, and client renewal process
- Experience in a technology-focused position within a K12 education institution
- Fluency in languages in addition to English
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CA, CO, MA
Req ID: 342