Remote – US
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The K-12 Solutions Engineering team at Blackboard is a team of sales professionals with experience in the K-12 sector who have a deep understanding of Blackboard solutions, including product, services, support, ASP, and market expertise. Solution Engineers work with Regional Sales Managers and services professionals as strategic partners in crafting the solution and the vision of the solution with the client in order to ensure success in the sales cycle.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining expert-level knowledge and proficiency in Blackboard K-12 solutions, including their functionality, industry application, technical infrastructure, and deployment methodologies
- Providing expertise and insight into the accessibility of Blackboard products
- Engaging in strategic conversations regarding Blackboard solution capabilities and benefits with customer constituents
- Crafting complete Blackboard solutions in sales opportunities that include Services, Training, Products, Managed Hosting, and SaaS
- Delivering high-quality product demonstrations to both existing and potential customers tailored with a high degree of situational fluency with language easily understood by K-12 educators
- Working with regional sales managers to sell solution strategic value, develop client-focused solutions, and document solutions in proposals
- Developing long-term relationships with key clients
- Providing product expertise to other areas of Blackboard, such as working with Product Marketing, Product Management, RFP Team, Sales Enablement, or Technical Support
- Providing rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales staff in the field
- Presenting Blackboard solutions and vision during events sponsored by Marketing and Client Success, including webinars, user group meetings, and industry conferences
- Providing information and recommendations to assist with the development of responses to RFPs/RFIs
- Setting up product demonstration and evaluation environments and overseeing evaluation process
- This role requires 50-60% travel
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology Management, Instructional Design, or other education-related field; advanced degree is preferred
- Passionate about improving the teaching and learning environment for students and teachers and engaging parents in the educational process
- Experience working in a K-12 educational environment with a high level of situational fluency educational processes, relevant communication tools, and applicable mobile applications
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an e-learning environment in K-12
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Understanding of the application of educational technologies related to parent engagement and teaching and learning
- Understanding of the enterprise architecture, technical infrastructure, and deployment methodologies for academic platforms
- Proven ability to craft a solution and develop proposals and RFP responses with appropriate products and services based on client discussions
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA
Req ID: 453