Senior IT Project Manager
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
This role is on our Enterprise Applications team, which is responsible for the administration and support of all corporate applications at Blackboard. This team supports the ERP and CRM systems for all Blackboard lines of business.
As Senior IT Project Manager, you will have the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. You will provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. You will possess strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills combined with very strong customer orientation to be successful in this role. As Senior IT Project Manager, you will need to work with a high level of drive, sound judgment and integrity, and have adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading multiple project teams through project scope definition, requirements analysis, design, development, and deployment
- Creating and/or maintaining comprehensive project documentation, including, but not limited to, the Project Plan, the Project Budget, the Change Management and Communication Plan, the User Testing plan, the End User Training Plan and the Issue and Backlog Trackers
- Coordinating with Blackboard internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Defining project resource requirements and ensuring resource allocation and availability
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with third parties/vendors, acting as the Blackboard primary point of contact for the vendor
- Ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- If change in project schedule, scope, or cost is needed, facilitating the change order process
- Implementing the project’s change management and communication plan, including the delivery of executive-level project status updates
- Proactively engaging in project risk management – identifying and escalating project risks and issues to ensure timely resolution
- Tracking project issues, pushing issues toward resolution, removing roadblocks for team members
- Providing regular project status, dashboard, milestones, and risk assessment reports to appropriate stakeholders
- Leading formal project reviews and on-going project meetings
- Using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measuring project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Promoting best practices in business and project management processes
- This role may require up to 10% travel
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience running large scale, high risk, or strategic projects
- University degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule
- Proven expertise in executing and/or advising on the planning, design, and delivery of strategic and tactical business projects including M&A migrations while working with business process owners from System Administrators and Engineers to VPs and vendors
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements
- Proven ability to work with and manage remote teams across time zones in a global organization
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and manage multiple, overlapping projects and/or deadlines
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized; ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively, and have the propensity to handle urgent interruptions professionally
- Proficient in Agile development methodology
- Familiar with integration patterns (Service Bus, SOA)
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English at CEF B2 level or above
- ITIL V3 Certification
- Experience with Smartsheets
- Experience with Enterprise Applications, such as Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft or Oracle Fusion
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national original, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 576