*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
In this role you will work on Blackboard Help, our self-service website, that supports all of Blackboard’s product lines, ranging from our ever-evolving LMS, Learn, to our student-friendly mobile app, and everything in between. You will have the unique opportunity to dive into and affect every facet of our product line, helping to make each more intuitive.
Our User Experience & Design (UXD) organization helps shape the future of Blackboard’s products and solutions. Made up of user experience and design leaders who work across both web and mobile platforms and take a hands-on role in a highly collaborative team environment, they champion best-in-class work throughout the Blackboard organization. Our team believes that user experiences are as much about behavior and emotion as they are about usability, utility, and accessibility.
The Blackboard UXD team has a proven track record of delivering high quality products to our customer base. We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled, quality-minded, and detail-oriented individual to join our global team. This position will work alongside other UXD colleagues and Blackboard partners to deliver a cohesive user experience for Blackboard’s portfolio of products.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on your experience.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining Blackboard Help site code and Drupal architecture, ensuring best practices are used to keep the site healthy, secure, and up to date
- Developing, testing, and deploying new features, functionalities, and look and feel updates for Blackboard Help site, pages, and content creation interface
- Facilitating technical feasibility and requirements understanding for cross-functional projects
- Supporting team members with Drupal administration best practices
- Staying on top of the latest technologies, tools, and techniques
- Shaping the future of eLearning through innovation on the next generation of products
- Working effectively in an Agile team to deliver quality solutions
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in development, with demonstrated experience in combining technology and design to create inviting, easy-to-use solutions for consumers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-4+ years of experience developing and architecting Drupal websites and modules
- Experience collaborating in depth with UX/UI designers and content designers to produce effective, well-architected website UI
- Efficient w/ ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3, API service integrations
- Experience developing applications for a continuous delivery lifecycle
- Development experience in large scale, cloud environments
- Strong problem-solving skills in large, scalable, complicated systems
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to participate in projects independently at different stages with general supervision and willing to receive feedback/guidance
- Team player with excellent communication, cooperation, and presentation skills
- Passionate about honing current skill set and increasing it where necessary for personal growth and to support the team
- Highly organized and motivated
- High standards of accountability, decision, schedules, and quality of work
- Open-minded and determined to transform the experience of education
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Master’s degree
- Experience with self-service support websites
- Previous experience in the education industry and e-learning technologies
- Experience integrating with localization systems
- Existing knowledge in Acquia Cloud, Administration and Deployment workflows
- Experience in Drupal 8/9, D7 is not compatible knowledge
- Drupal Administration, Drupal Site building, Drupal content/entity structures
- Drupal configuration management
- Decoupled Drupal implementation
- Drupal localization core system and TMGMT module
- Drupal contrib modules
- Ability to create custom modules
- Drupal theming system, Twig
- Ability to create custom Drush 9 comands
- Existing knowledge in Docksal and Lando for local development
- Existing knowledge in Cloudflare, DNS, WALF
- Knowledge in Git workflows and SDLC
- Knowledge in Google Tag Manager administration
- Knowledge in some automated testing frameworks, Cypress and Behat
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 614