Location: Chennai, India
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Travel Requirements: None
We’re looking for a Scrum Master to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As Scrum Master, you will serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. You will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery, and driving continuous improvement of the team. You’ll facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team’s goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Serving as scrum master on 2 or more scrum teams acting as a servant leader
· Assessing agile maturity within immediate scrum teams
· Facilitating scrum ceremonies (daily Scrum, retrospectives, sprint planning, and demonstrations) and providing coaching to further improve agile maturity
· Working with the product owner to understand the product roadmap priorities, and schedules, to guide the scrum teams
· Ensuring teams maintain focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
· Helping teams anticipate impediments and recommending solutions to remove impediments
· Utilizing team feedback, and analyzing and designing metrics (quality, delivery rate, velocity) to identify areas where efficiency can be improved
· Supporting effort quantification and team(s) efficiency evaluation
· Understanding software development challenges and issues regarding development environments, languages, and cloud technologies
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 581