Renewal Specialist – APAC
We’re looking for a Renewal Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Renewal Specialist will play an integral role in the success of our APAC Renewal Sales team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Acting on behalf of Blackboard as the primary sales interface for renewals
- Partnering with cross-functional renewal team on processing renewal contracts and pricing to clients including channel partner
- Maintaining accurate renewal forecast data for assigned book of business in CRM and updating the renewal forecast report
- Processing the renewal contract minimum of 90 days before the contract expiry date
- Managing portfolio with the aim of achieving 100% on-time renewal rates
- Ensuring the processes are completed in sufficient time to get the License Renewal delivered to customers, approved, returned, and the customer invoiced prior to the License End Date (LED)
- Developing cross-sell leads within your renewal opportunities by asking questions to uncover license opportunities, offering Multi-Year Renewal Agreement and Usage Re-sizing
- Contributing to and assisting in the executing the larger Blackboard renewal strategy in alignment with Blackboard’s corporate strategies
- Collaborating with Account Executives & Customer Success Advocates as necessary to ensure account health and proactively engage renewal risks
- Processing quotes, renewal license documents, billings and confirming fee calculations
- Gaining all necessary business approvals and commitment from customer prior to invoice going to Account Payable (AP) for payment
- Personally contacting assigned customers to discuss the renewal schedule and begin negotiations
- Following defined escalation path issues uncovered during renewal process
- Developing and executing creative strategies to exceed projected renewal targets
- This role requires at least 5% travel
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree with 2-3 years of work experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication, analytical and creative problem-solving skills, and short-term and long-term planning skills
- Previous experience in effective account management, strong customer orientation, and client renewal process
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to and development of teammates for successful client retention
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Computer proficiency, including full command of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Salesforce and other applications utilized for position
- Proven quick study and excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong team player and multi-tasker
- Ability to exercise discretion, creative decision-making, and good judgment
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to specific client needs and think independently
- Comfortable and proficient at managing conflict and working with diverse populations
- Presence to command a roomful of participants in trainings, presentations, and renewal discussions
- Demonstrated ability to act as advocate for clients to drive feature enhancements, efficient processes, and general product/service improvement; technical orientation and knowledge
- Related experience in account management, client support, and retention
- Demonstrated ability to support Marketing, Sales, RFP, and other efforts towards successful client acquisition and retention
- Access and previous data management experience
- Fluency in languages in addition to English
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Blackboard positions are currently remote (where possible).
Blackboard has an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
· Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
· Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
· Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
· Office provides lunch Tuesday – Thursday and evening snacks Monday – Friday
· Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
· Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
· ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 371