Sales Operations Analyst
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Deal Support and Order Management team consults with Sales, Legal, Finance, and Operations to guide and assist in all areas of the sales process at Blackboard. As Sales Operations Analyst, you will be a customer-focused source of information and act as the authoritative sales partner to navigate complex CPQ quote configuration and internal processes to meet sales objectives. You will be key to the successful closing of deals and an integral part of the process in driving new and renewal business.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing front-line sales and finance operations consultation for the field sales organization; being a specialist in the areas of CPQ quote configuration, finance policies and guidelines, sales best practices, negotiation of complex deals, and various other internal processes
- Managing a geographic territory that aligns with a go-to-market region
- Managing market or region-specific knowledge to execute the sales process, such as local procurement rules, tax codes, etc.
- Understanding end-to-end processes and systems to ensure proper configuration of deals and any downstream process implications; this level of knowledge is integral to the downstream effectiveness of revenue recognition and cash flow
- Partnering with sales to find creative solutions to sales challenges for complex or non-standard deals; being the driving force on the finance and operations side of the business to close deals, while protecting core financial and business objectives
- Developing training content and delivering training for the sales organization in use of deal policies, guidelines, and procedures, as needed
- Assisting in the development and dissemination of sales process guides and tools, creating communication assets and communication planning and execution
- Assisting sales with contract negotiations and liaising with Legal and Contracts teams
- Assisting with quote configuration and other support-related aspects of complex deals and transactions
- Advising sales team for policy and procedure compliance while partnering with Order Management and Invoicing Ops for policy and procedure compliance
- Working with Manager to improve processes through automation, improved tools, communication with clients and internal organizations, and more
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a sales operation, sales support, or finance-supporting operational role
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Strong customer focus and the ability to use independent judgment to solve complex sales issues
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize to accomplish specific tasks
- Ability to manage, analyze, and track data for a sophisticated and often complex sales process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively partner with clients, customers, and fellow colleagues of all levels
- Intermediate experience using Excel
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Four-year degree
- Advanced education in business or equivalent experience
- Salesforce CRM and Salesforce CPQ experience
- Financial systems experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 646