Remote – US
We’re looking for a Renewal Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Renewal Specialist will play an integral role in the success of the Blackboard North America K-12 Sales team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Acting on behalf of Blackboard as the primary sales interface for renewals
- Partnering with cross-functional renewal team on processing renewal contracts and pricing to clients
- Maintaining accurate renewal forecast data for assigned book of business in CRM
- Managing portfolio with the aim of achieving 100% on-time renewal rates
- Developing and executing creative strategies to exceed projected renewal targets
- Contributing to and assisting with executing the larger Blackboard renewal strategy in alignment with Blackboard’s corporate strategies
- Collaborating with Account Executives & Customer Success Advocates as necessary to ensure account health and proactively engage renewal risks
- Personally contacting assigned customers to discuss the renewal schedule and begin negotiations
- Following defined escalation path issues uncovered during renewal process
- Processing quotes and renewal documents
- This role requires approximately 5% travel
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of work experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication, analytical and creative problem-solving skills, and short-term and long-term planning skills
- Previous experience in effective account management, strong customer orientation, and client renewal process
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to and development of teammates for successful client retention
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Computer proficiency including full command of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Salesforce, and other applications utilized for position
- Proven quick study and excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong team player and multi-tasker
- Ability to exercise discretion, creative decision-making, and good judgment
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to specific client needs and think independently
- Comfortable and proficient in managing conflict and working with diverse populations
- Presence to command a roomful of participants in trainings, presentations, and renewal discussions
- Demonstrated ability to act as advocate for clients to drive feature enhancements, efficient processes, and general product/service improvement; technical orientation and knowledge
- Related experience in account management and client support and retention
- Previous experience in a K-12 setting
- Demonstrated ability to support Marketing, Sales, RFP, and other efforts towards successful client acquisition and retention
- Access and previous data management experience
- Fluency in other languages in addition to English
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA
Req ID: 647