Enrollment Coach (Senior Customer Service Advisor)
Remote – US
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard Student Success brings virtualized support and technology enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
Blackboard Student Success is hiring for remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility during the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Explaining educational programs, admissions processes, expected graduate outcomes, student services, and financial considerations to prospective students and/or parents
- Scheduling and conducting virtual information sessions with prospective students, identifying and recruiting qualified candidates, and determining appropriateness of candidates for admissions, based on career goal compatibility
- Setting accountability for follow up with candidates, ensuring that meetings are completed at agreed upon times, and driving urgency to complete necessary enrollment steps
- Engaging adult learner candidates in an energetic manner and creating an accountable yet supportive relationship that leads to a completed enrollment
- Identifying motivations, concerns, and obstacles for each candidate, and connecting features and benefits that address, match, and/or build value in the institution
- Responding to inbound requests for information to achieve prompt contact with candidates and managing follow-up outreach via phone and email to achieve contact rate goals
- Collaborating with on-campus departments to ensure students receive support they need related to financial aid, orientation, academic advising, and tutoring, and career counseling. Staying current on school’s procedures, policies, etc. to ensure potential students have current and accurate information. Communicating any changes as needed
- Completing presentation calls with applicants, including verification process, explaining school specific policies in detail, and ensuring the enrollment/admission process is started
- Recording all communication and contact data in a timely manner with accuracy including detailed notes into the Customer Relationship Management tool provided
- Meeting department goals for: phone productivity, applicant contact, enrollment targets, withdrawal rates, call quality, customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, attendance, and schedule adherence
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to ethical standards related to student recruitment practices
- Experience and proven success in a fast paced, performance driven environment while providing excellent customer service
- Willingness to be a part of a productive, adaptable, and supportive team focused on exceeding goals
- Willingness to support various contact channels as needed throughout a given workday
- High level of personal accountability
- Ability to positively receive constructive feedback on technique, productivity, and results. Willingness to adjust as needed to improve service
- Experience working within compliance and regulatory guidelines to protect candidate information
- Experience using multiple information sources to deliver accurate information and direction to candidates
- Willing and able to work some evening and weekend hours and be flexible to adjust schedule as needed to best meet student needs and availability
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate successful results
- Strong relationship building capabilities through various methods including databases, phone, email, and text
- Interest in helping others achieve their educational and career goals
- Personable, enthusiastic, assertive, dependable, and self-motivated
- Strong multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have either an ISP provided modem that allows a third party VOIP, or a personal modem and personal router without restrictions
- Must be able to wire company hardware directly into router which may not be more than 100 feet from the computer
- Minimum recommended Internet speed is 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload with 100 MS-ping or less consistently that is dedicated to the workstation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a higher education institution
- Experience in sales or marketing
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
It is the Company’s policy that all U.S. employees provide their vaccination status. Vaccinated employees will be required to upload proof of vaccination and unvaccinated employees will be required to follow testing protocols.
This position is available for candidates residing in the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI, WV