Client Experience Manager
Remote – Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Client Experience Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard’s Client Experience Manager (CXM) will have a broad role that requires domain, product, and account management skills. The Client Experience Manager will work closely with the Account Executive and Service Delivery Manager being responsible for the ongoing engagement with the client, product adoption, the client experience, and ultimately client retention.
This role is cross-functional and empowered to marshal organizational resources to promote the adoption of our solutions, or to resolve troublesome customer issues by identifying and targeting root causes, while balancing the financial realities and strategic goals of the company.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing all steps, phases, and activities to execute our Client Experience Journey process
- Coordinating and leading welcome and orientation for new clients
- Developing and implementing account delivery and execution plans
- Conducting quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with clients
- Developing ongoing customer engagement in part through providing opportunities for increased product adoption and training
- Monitoring of overall client health and identification for any potential renewal risks
- Assisting clients with their participation and involvement in community engagement activities and sites
- Managing the client and client relationship during all periods of support escalations
- Positioning new product releases to increase client adoption and usage
- Assisting all company with identifying customer goals/values and cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, as well as being involved with renewal processes
- Providing best practice recommendations; assisting clients in solving point-in-time challenges, and partnering with the client to support the overall goal of increased satisfaction
- Serving as an internal advocate for the client, helping to drive support and change when necessary to help the client achieve their business objectives
- Serving as project manager and executing tailored plans, both internally and externally, and proactively provide next-step support, including:
- External: managing the customer experience through regular meetings, recommendations, crafting of responses back to customers after internal alignment, executing client outreach strategies such as lunch & learns, faculty adoption strategies
- Internal: escalation, identifying SMEs, meeting with SMEs to support identified issues, providing PM direction and focus as needed
- Acting as an information conduit from Blackboard and the industry to customers, providing latest information on both Blackboard products & services and industry trends
- Identifying new solutions for customers
- Projecting a favorable image of the company to promote its objectives and goals and enhance client relationships
- This role requires 25-50% travel, both remotely and to onsite client engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology management, instructional technology, or another education-related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a technology focused position within a higher education institution
- Experience working in a higher education sector, preferably in e-learning, instructional design or instructional technology management, institutional research, or media services
- Understanding of the application of instructional and administrative technologies to varied teaching and learning environments, especially for institutional assessment or continuous improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Proven track record of managing large/high value accounts and developing strong client relationships with all levels of an organization
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective at creating, gathering, and analyzing reports and data
- Ability to multitask and consistently perform under the pressure of deadlines and other demands
- Highly organized, task-oriented individual who is a proactive and impactful communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Effective at gathering and compiling reports
- Self-driven; ability to work independently with little supervision
- Fluency in Portuguese
- Advanced degree
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 675