Chennai or Byrasandra Bangalore, India
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Anthology Legal Team is focused on working closely with business units across the company in support of global business operations, including commercial relationships, strategic initiatives, risk management, and compliance functions. As Corporate Counsel, you will support the team in a wide range of commercial, transactional, and regulatory matters and will work across functional areas.
You will have had experience with drafting and negotiating contracts and vendor agreements and will have worked at a top-tier law firm or in a corporate legal department.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with vendors, customers, partners, and consultants
- Interfacing as necessary with other business units within the company such as finance, tax, accounting, and human resources
- Maintaining an understanding of global privacy and data protection regulations
- Assisting with litigation and claims involving the company
- Supporting corporate M&A, financing, and other strategic transactional initiatives
- Advising on regulatory compliance and corporate governance
- Researching legal issues and drafting memos as appropriate. Areas of focus will include, but not be limited to, vendor contracts, employment law, privacy law, real estate law, international law, and education law
- Juris Doctor with superior academic credentials
- Licensed in good standing to practice law
- 3+ years of relevant experience at a top-tier law firm or corporate legal department
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts and vendor agreements
- Practicing lawyer with direct involvement in or in-depth knowledge of the following IP and Technology law areas: data protection and the law concerning online platforms and a genuine interest in modern technology, with specific knowledge of data privacy and data protection provisions, limitations of liability, and indemnification
- Experience in or willingness to learn document automation and other legal technology/innovation tools
- Excellent analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Self-direction, confidence, and initiative, as well as the ability to work with a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Strong relationship-building skills and excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Organizationally savvy and adaptable; high level of emotional intelligence
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines
- A strong attention to detail and the highest commitment to quality work product and client service
- Software (including SaaS) or technology experience
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch Tuesday – Thursday and evening snacks Monday – Friday
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 727