Sales Operations Analyst
Brno, Czech Republic
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Deal Support and Order Management team consults with Sales, Legal, Finance, and Operations to guide and assist in all areas of the sales process at Blackboard. As Sales Operations Analyst, you will be a customer-focused source of information and act as the authoritative sales partner to navigate complex CPQ quote configuration and internal processes to meet sales objectives. You will be key to the successful closing of deals and an integral part of the process in driving new and renewal business.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing front-line sales and finance operations consultation for the field sales organization; being a specialist in the areas of CPQ quote configuration, finance policies and guidelines, sales best practices, negotiation of complex deals, and various other internal processes
- Managing a geographic territory that aligns with a go-to-market region
- Managing market or region-specific knowledge to execute the sales process, such as local procurement rules, tax codes, etc.
- Understanding end-to-end processes and systems to ensure proper configuration of deals and any downstream process implications; this level of knowledge is integral to the downstream effectiveness of revenue recognition and cash flow
- Partnering with sales to find creative solutions to sales challenges for complex or non-standard deals; being the driving force on the finance and operations side of the business to close deals, while protecting core financial and business objectives
- Developing training content and delivering training for the sales organization in use of deal policies, guidelines, and procedures, as needed
- Assisting in the development and dissemination of sales process guides and tools, creating communication assets and communication planning and execution
- Assisting sales with contract negotiations and liaising with Legal and Contracts teams
- Assisting with quote configuration and other support-related aspects of complex deals and transactions
- Advising sales team for policy and procedure compliance while partnering with Order Management and Invoicing Ops for policy and procedure compliance
- Working with Manager to improve processes through automation, improved tools, communication with clients and internal organizations, and more
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a sales operation, sales support, or finance-supporting operational role
- Strong customer focus and the ability to use independent judgment to solve complex sales issues
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize to accomplish specific tasks
- Ability to manage, analyze, and track data for a sophisticated and often complex sales process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively partner with clients, customers, and fellow colleagues of all levels
- Intermediate experience using Excel
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Four-year degree
- Advanced education in business or equivalent experience
- Salesforce CRM and Salesforce CPQ experience
- Financial systems experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Blackboard has an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Flexible work hours with no expectations of overtime
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless walkable places to eat
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 701