IT Support Technician
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for an IT Support Technician to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
This role falls within Blackboard’s End User Services group, which supports our global workforce. As IT Support Technician, you will be the primary point of support for users in the Blackboard office and located remotely.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Educating and supporting our Windows & Mac OS X users located locally, around the country, and globally
- Responding to all assigned service desk incidents and change requests in person or by phone, email, or IM within established SLAs and managing your queue to resolve or close those items in a timely manner
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues
- Identifying and escalating incidents requiring urgent attention
- Creating, deleting, and maintaining user system accounts and passwords in Active Directory, corporate email system, phone system, and related applications and services
- Configuring and provisioning end user hardware while maintaining accurate records on inventory in support of the Asset lifecycle for computers, accessories, and telephony
- Adhering to our ITIL-based processes; logging all service desk incidents and requests
- Customer-focused with a positive attitude
- Ability to pay precise attention to detail
- At least 1 year of experience supporting users in a help desk or customer service environment
- Good knowledge of multi-platform environments – desktop operating systems (Mac OS X 10.13 or higher and Windows 10)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to work in a diverse organization
- Ability to analyze and document system processes
- Ability to troubleshoot a broad range of issues common on personal computers
- Reliable with dependable work habits
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong collaboration skills
- Computer hardware experience- setup, maintenance, upgrade, troubleshooting (Lenovo/Dell/Apple computers and iOS devices preferred)
- Experience with MS Exchange online, Active Directory
- Understanding of TCP/IP- based network structure
- 2+ years of experience
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundations, A+, .NET+, and/or Microsoft Certified Professional
- Bachelor’s degree
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.