Remote – US
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As Events Manager for the K-12 Community Engagement (CE) business unit, you will be key in the driving of event best practices and exceptional program execution while leveraging knowledge and experience to negotiate favorable pricing and terms with vendors supporting company events. You will also drive engagement, collaboration, and management across a matrix organization, external vendors, customers, leadership, and peer-level staff to maximize event outcomes that support multiple goals and objectives. As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for the management, training, and adoption of best practice corporate global event tool(s). You’ll support the K-12 Field Marketing team’s ongoing growth and retention objectives and will closely coordinate activities to align with the overarching K-12 Community Engagement marketing plans.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with K-12 Marketing and Sales leadership to identify and solidify high-profile, high-yield trade show and event lead generation opportunities (in-person and virtual) aligned to integrated marketing campaigns, priorities, and strategic goals
- Owning conference and association relationships and delivering on negotiated marketing benefits and deliverables
- Managing event logistics (to include virtual event participation) for K-12/CE event programs driving best practices for negotiation, logistics (i.e. scheduled trade shows, events, and workshops, sponsorships; audiovisual equipment, exhibit design; managing staffing list; shipping event signage, collateral, and event supplies, networking experiences)
- Researching and managing upcoming conference dates/locations and session submission due dates for confirmed conferences; communicating requirements, deadlines, and process to various teams
- Owning K-12 Community Engagement event calendar and tracker including volume of regional conferences and events
- Completing event data entry tasks as necessary
- Liaising with Blackboard demand and performance marketing teams for updates and assessment preparation
- Managing event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting; assisting with Corporate Marketing credit card reconciliation
- Constructing pre-event profiles for internal stakeholders outlining objectives, logistics, on-site operations, and run-of-show for each show
- Leading the planning and execution of internal corporate meetings which includes support on-site selection process, logistics, and budget management (<75people)
- Contributing to assessment of future year search options for programs, providing summary of findings and making recommendations
- Other marketing services as needed
- This role requires approximately 30% travel
- At least 5 years of event and trade show management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business
- Proven experience developing and driving successful event programs that drive awareness and provide demand generation opportunities
- Experience participating in virtual events to include overall program/event strategy and platform awareness and execution
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Outstanding project management and coordination skills with the ability to track multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables
- Knowledge of events marketing, program logistics, social and digital media/promotional tactics
- Experience with conference technologies including online programs and mobile apps, such as Teams, Cvent, gotowebinar, and other virtual event hosting platforms
- Ability to excel and drive results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, ability to multi-task, and creative
- Proven ability to manage events budgets
- Previous B2B event experience
- Background or interest in K-12 education or education technology
- Experience managing and creating marketing automation campaigns ex. Eloqua, and working with Salesforce for lead routing, tracking, and reporting
- Experience in high-tech, software, and/or education solutions businesses
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
To comply with the federal mandate for covered government contractors, employees in this role are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have received an approved medical or religious accommodation. Please reach out to [email protected] to discuss accommodations.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CA, CO, MA, HI
Req ID: 803