Associate Marketing Specialist
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for an Associate Marketing Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning and community engagement environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit blackboard.com.
As an Associate Marketing Specialist for the K-12 Community Engagement business unit, you will be responsible for supporting demand and lead generation campaigns with a high focus on executing field-ready programs including regional event strategies and execution and tracking and reporting on their results with the objective of generating incremental pipeline for existing and new products and services. You’ll support the K-12 Field Marketing team’s ongoing growth and retention objectives and will closely coordinate activities to align with the overarching K-12 Community Engagement marketing plans.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with K-12 Marketing and Sales leadership to execute regional event and tradeshow lead generation and retention opportunities (in-person and virtual) aligned to integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns, priorities, and strategic goals
- Supporting assigned regional conference and association relationships and delivering on negotiated marketing benefits and deliverables
- Managing event logistics for assigned regional territory (tasks include conference registration, exhibit/booth set up and logistics, session planning, shipping event signage, collateral, networking events/dinners and promotional supplies, etc.)
- Driving promotional messaging via paid advertising, marketing automation systems, registration/landing page support, social media, etc.
- Managing post-campaign and event lead processing; formatting, contact info research, lead descriptions, sales assignments, lead uploading, etc.
- Responding to priority field requests for new outbound prospecting plays for sales and working with the Lead Development team to build outreach sequences and monitor and communicate results
- Updating and maintaining payment, invoicing, and budget-related activities, as assigned
- Contributing to the assessment of future year search options for programs, providing a summary of findings, and making recommendations
- Updating and maintaining K-12 Community Engagement event calendar and tracker
- Assisting with other marketing services as required
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business, or equivalent work experience
- Project management, event planning, and campaign execution skills
- Proven experience developing and driving successful event programs that drive awareness and provide demand generation opportunities
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to excel and drive results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, ability to multitask, and creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Previous B2B event experience
- Background or interest in K-12 education or education technology
- Experience managing and creating marketing automation campaigns ex. Eloqua, and working with Salesforce for lead routing, tracking, and reporting
- Experience in high-tech, software, and/or education solutions businesses
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.