Senior Educational Consultant – K12 Education Marketing & Branding
Remote – US
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard’s K-12 Professional Services team consults with clients about the effective implementation of our platforms to support digital teaching and learning and family/community engagement, ensuring successful adoption of the platforms and maximizing the educational returns on the clients’ investments. This team provides clients with strategic consulting services including defining requirements and business rules, facilitating application strategy sessions, drafting specifications, and leading the process that delivers results to our clients.
As a K-12 Education Marketing and Brand Strategy Consultant, you will help districts and schools to develop and implement an omni-Channel, integrated communications and marketing strategy that increases brand awareness, engagement, and community outreach.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with schools and districts to establish a vision for communications, marketing, and branding strategy
- Engaging clients and prospects as needed to consult in the following areas:
- Executing tests, collecting, and analyzing data and results, identifying trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI (return on investment) in paid search campaigns and deepen user engagement
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing website analytics, custom search analytics, and PPC initiatives and campaigns utilizing Data Studio and other digital tracking tools
- Optimizing a digital marketing strategy with high-caliber content to help clients develop a comprehensive content strategy workflow
- Performing ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Researching and implementing search engine optimization recommendations
- Recommending changes to content, backlinking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Researching and analyzing competitor SEM strategies
- Working with the development team to ensure SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices are properly implemented within product
- Working with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Communicating project results in well-documented reports
- Informing client management and relevant personnel of project status
- Assisting the sales team in presenting consulting options to key prospects during the sales process
- This role requires approximately 40% travel to client sites
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or Information Science
- 4-8 years of prior search engine optimization, digital marketing, consulting experience
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Expertise in setting marketing and messaging strategy and brand stewardship for K-12 schools
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Data Studio, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Knowledgeable of the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- Experience with project management methodologies and practices
- Ability to navigate issues in client environments and overcome obstacles using strategic problem-solving skills
- An aptitude for generating client-specific documents for unique implementations
- A successful record of accomplishment of leading clients through a program of change that impacts business, processes, and technology
- Ability to work independently and with a team to deliver high-quality consulting services
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed, virtual team environment and ability to build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail; excellent work ethic and drive; great interpersonal skills and team-oriented
- APR (Accreditation in Public Relations) certification
- Experience in the education industry
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
To comply with the federal mandate for covered government contractors, employees in this role are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have received an approved medical or religious accommodation. Please reach out to [email protected] to discuss accommodations.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA