Senior UX Content Designer
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our User Experience & Design (UXD) organization helps shape the future of Blackboard’s products and solutions. Made up of user experience and design leaders who work across both web and mobile platforms and take a hands-on role in a highly collaborative team environment, they champion best-in-class work throughout the Blackboard organization. Our team believes that user experiences are as much about behavior and emotion as they are about usability, utility, and accessibility.
The Blackboard UXD team has a proven track record of delivering high-quality products to our customer base. We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled, quality-minded, and detail-oriented individual to join our team. As Senior UX Content Designer, you will be responsible for developing content strategy and solutions for large-scale problems and high-profile events. You will work alongside other UXD colleagues and Blackboard partners to deliver a cohesive user experience for Blackboard’s portfolio of products. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on your experience and portfolio.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Using evidence, data, research, personas, and journey maps to make content decisions that target user needs
- Writing and mapping user stories
- Co-designing user flows with UX designers to construct a logical, compelling, and holistic user experience and narrative throughout the user journey
- Defining content goals and journeys based on user or customer goals
- Modeling and formatting content into viable, feasible, and desired solutions
- Writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability
- Collaborating with a world-class team of Product Designers, Content Designers, UX Design – Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers within an Agile framework
- Building relationships across the company to advocate user needs and to influence stakeholders
- Evaluating and designing for interactions between language and design elements to construct a logical, compelling narrative throughout user/client journey
- Leveraging personas, journey maps and data to develop content that targets user needs and supports business goals
- Applying consistent voice and tone throughout content journey
- Leading the design and implementation of content strategies, style guides, and content patterns
- Taking responsibility for content quality. Coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- Preparing English content for localization for global audiences
- Representing Blackboard at client events in person and virtually, as needed
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with user-centered content design
- A deep understanding of end-to-end journeys and how content is affected within these journeys
- Ability to identify where journey fixes or content improvements need to be made
- Experience ensuring content is regularly reviewed and evaluated, contributing to continuous improvements and iteration
- Understanding of the different types of user research, evidence, and data and how they’re used at different stages of product development (alpha, beta, live)
- Desire to put accessibility requirements at the heart of approaches to designing content and encourage others to do the same
- Experience guiding others and making recommendations on the best tools and methods to use
- Ability to build and create a variety of different prototypes, from paper sketches to coded prototypes and use them to visualize content in context
- Ability to effectively combine prototypes with other content and design outputs to test with users and show to stakeholders
- Ability to establish content patterns, test, and iterate them
- Experience leading and directing strategic content improvement projects, focusing effort in the areas of greatest priority and making sure goals and objectives are met
- Experience building long-term strategic relationships and communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders, supporting mutual needs and commitments while focusing on user needs
- Experience working in Agile
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Ability to motivate colleagues
- High standards of accountability, decision, schedules, and quality of work
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Previous experience in the education industry or with e-learning technologies
Please provide samples of your work with your application.
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.