Senior Product Owner
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
The Blackboard Project Line Management team for Teaching and Learning is focused on helping institutions solve complex challenges with the help of technology. This role focuses on our Ultra Platform, which provides students with a simple and intuitive learning experience that they can access anytime and anywhere. It’s a continuously evolving solution to meet users’ needs, and we’re looking for someone to join our growing team. As Senior Product Owner, you will be responsible for driving and defining the requirements of new products and services within our company. You’ll have a solid grasp of data analytics, strategy, requirements documentation, and Agile/Scrum methodologies to deliver a high-quality product to increase company revenue.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serving as Product Owner for three or more teams of varying levels of complexity, including highly complex teams
- Evaluating data and insights for comprehensive strategy and initiative planning
- Collaborating with the Product Design team, Product Management, the Scrum team, and other stakeholders to establish timeline workflows, benchmarks, goals, and detailed requirements
- Using data and analytics as a basis for road mapping
- Demonstrating the ability to negotiate and influence priority between stakeholders to ensure the highest quality product is delivered
- Consolidating Epic data into user stories and other necessary product requirements
- Establishing initiatives and aligning with cross-functional product and organizational goals
- Writing user stories (acceptance criteria, definition of done, in scope/out of scope, and other supporting documentation) and prioritizing the backlog, including functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensuring that our product aligns with our company’s mission and goals
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality requirements based on the strategic vision of Product Management
- Executing SDLC processes as defined while identifying process inefficiencies to the team
- Suggesting alternative processes and procedures that will make the team more operationally effective
- Being a team player, always seeking opportunities to improve as a team (scrum team, product owner team, others)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or in a related field
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies, a technical understanding of products, and is up to date on industry standards and best practices
- A solid understanding of the product lifecycle and software development lifecycle processes
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with Product Management, UI/UX/Design team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Comfort working with multiple teams that are in-house, remote, and internationally located
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Certification for Product Ownership
- An in-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, products, and industry standards and best practices
- Experience with Agile tools such as JIRA/Confluence, Portfolio, etc.
- Experience performing customer analysis
- Experience identifying and communicating cross-functional dependencies
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.