International Tax Manager
Remote – US
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As International Tax Manager, you will report to the Senior Director, Income Tax and be primarily responsible for supporting planning, provision, and compliance efforts specifically related to international tax matters for both income taxes and indirect taxes.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing preparation of US international income tax returns by outside preparers
- Coordinating international components of the US income tax return including review of all relevant forms (e.g. Form 5471, etc.)
- Managing and coaching staff in the Tax Department
- Coordinating international portion of annual and quarterly tax provisions
- Managing income tax aspects of international investment opportunities, restructuring transactions, and other international tax matters
- Working on international issues in IRS or foreign exams
- Working closely with cross-functional groups on implementing international investment opportunities and managing international tax issues from ongoing operations
- Coordinating all aspects of the company’s transfer pricing including planning; managing the automated transfer pricing process; and coordinating with outside consultants regarding the planning, review, and documentation of the process
- Supporting other aspects of the tax provision and tax compliance process
- Providing support to team members on VAT and GST returns and/or audits as the need arises
- Strong international income tax planning, compliance, and provision/reporting experience with public companies as well as experience with international indirect taxes
- 4-6 years of international corporate income tax and indirect tax experience in a national public accounting firm, publicly traded company, or large private company
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, structured, and demanding reporting close environment; results-oriented; ability to deliver results under difficult conditions and demonstrate balanced judgment under pressure
- Ability to prioritize at high-quality levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work on a variety of technical projects/assignments
- Analytical thinker with ability to take ownership of assignments and manage multiple projects to an efficient close with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with Accounting and Tax department personnel, other internal groups, and third-party service vendors
- History of consistently delivering business results
- Strong business acumen and service orientation
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards
- Ability to stay abreast of current income tax developments
- Responsive; ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities, and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
- CPA or JD strongly preferred
- Any experience in corporate tax, partnership tax, and mergers/acquisitions
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA