Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Our K-12 Community Engagement Product team is looking for a knowledgeable, innovative Product Manager. In this position, you will focus on the management of notification and mobile solutions within our Community Engagement portfolio. This will involve the management and enhancement of current capabilities and initiatives, as well as the development of new offerings with a focus on underlying technologies related to data integration and telecommunications. The Product Manager will play an integral role in the success of the Community Engagement solutions.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with a keen intellect, strategic and analytic skills, and strong ability to collaborate. They will need to have a strong understanding of agile development and work closely with highly technical development resources, but also be able to provide strategic vision to senior executives.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Eliciting market problems through research, productive relationships with customers across our client base, and internal sources of market knowledge and expertise; prioritizing those problems against market and business needs and owning requirements definition in support of solving those market problems
- Managing offerings through their full lifecycle from concept to end of support
- Collaborating frequently with product design and development teams to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of products
- Collaborating with other Product Managers to identify challenges and opportunities where reusable components could expedite delivery of value to the market and accelerate expanding capabilities across our portfolio of solutions
- Driving solution definition and go-to-market activities in support of achieving revenue goals for the products and services
- Leading an integrated team in support of organization-wide readiness of product releases
- Performing competitive analyses for responsible products
- Owning and developing multi-quarter product roadmap for the solution area, working with other solutions’ Product Managers to ensure that solution and services themes and roadmaps take into consideration market needs
- Leading and working with the operational services and delivery teams across the company to ensure operational readiness including developing delivery materials and training delivery resources on new services
- Hosting customer focus groups to test and refine product ideas and strategies
- Representing the company in key industry events and initiatives
- This role requires 15-20% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in education software, learning applications, or communications solutions
- Experience working and managing in an environment focused on the development, sales, or distribution of educational content or educational tools
- Expertise leading teams towards business goals
- Aptitude and interest in both business strategy and considerations, the latest concepts in product design, and an understanding of the latest technologies in the web and cloud computing areas
- Ability to conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation and communicate complex information to different target audiences
- Ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to problems
- Outstanding active listening skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and short- and long-term planning skills
- Demonstrated history of being accountable for achievement of business objectives
- Strong customer focus and ability to identify business problems through a variety of techniques including face-to-face interviews, surveys, and customer advisory boards; ability to communicate how these capabilities contribute to solving institutions’ larger business challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Independent, self-starter; strong prioritization skills; solid project management and coordination skills
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Quick learner, organized, and self-motivated
- SAFe certification
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA