Job Req: 1090
Company Entity: Blackboard Information Technology India Private Limited
Location: Chennai, India
Date Posted: May 12, 2022
Travel Requirements: None
Software Engineer in Test
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
This role focuses on our Community Engagement platform. You’ll help provide K-12 schools with reliably hosted and low-maintenance content management systems. This product allows parents access to a dashboard full of personalized student data and engages community members with news and upcoming events on a modern, mobile-friendly website. You’ll continually enhance and support the ability for each school to maintain its own online presence.
As Software Engineer in Test, you will be a part of the team responsible for ensuring the highest possible quality of industry-leading SaaS products and web service platforms.
Specific responsibilities will include:
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
· Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
· Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
· Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
· Office provides lunch Tuesday – Thursday and evening snacks Monday – Friday
· Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
· Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
· ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
· Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.