Help Desk Customer Service Advisor
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Student Success brings virtualized support and technology enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of Help Desk Customer Service Advisor. The duties of this role include being a reference point for all IT-related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Resolving end-user inquiries by utilizing multiple technologies including telephony, chat, and web-based inquiries
- Serving as the first point of contact for clients/end-users seeking technical assistance over the phones, chats, and emails
- Striving for one-call resolution of client issues while communicating appropriate options in a timely and professional manner
- Managing and resolving identified client issues for assigned accounts
- Documenting information into web-based ticketing system
- Searching and navigating the knowledge base to identify appropriate resolution for client issues
- Escalating unique issues or inaccurate information contained in the knowledge base to the immediate supervisor for resolution
- Projecting favorable image of the company to promote its objectives and goals that enhance client relationships
- Participating in internal training programs to expand knowledge and support multiple clients
- Providing delightful, efficient, and accurate resolutions to client inquiries
- Completing special projects as requested
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computers, printers, phones, and other peripheral equipment
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Completing software installations
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years old or over
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including:
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with faculty, students, staff, and team members
- Ability to walk customers through outlined problem-solving processes, using our knowledge base system
- Ability to ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Knowledge and experience with building, configuring, and troubleshooting computers
- Experience navigating through multiple internet applications to assist and resolve customer questions
- Proficiency in MS Office computer applications, including Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new technology systems
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks at one time and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Analytical orientation with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work from home
- You must have a quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift
- Ability to accurately type at least 25 wpm
- Strong interpersonal skills and a very high degree of customer service ethic
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting
- Some level of higher education completed
- Customer service or contact center experience
- Previous experience in the education industry and with e-learning technologies
We have an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.