Inside Sales Representative
Remote – US
Recently combined with Anthology, Blackboard offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about our company and career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As Inside Sales Representative (ISR), you will be responsible for identifying new sales opportunities in your assigned territory. You will meet or exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling our suite of products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns our solutions to customer business objectives, while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition for the customer. Territory assignments will include existing customers as well as corporations that do not own any current Anthology/Blackboard solutions.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas while adhering to our sales rules of engagement
- Ensuring that prospecting is managed as part of a structured, targeted, and measurable process resulting in new prospects being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis
- Expanding the revenue opportunity within new and existing accounts by selling incremental follow-on business
- Conducting dynamic and well-informed on-line sales presentations and product demos for potential customers
- Delivering a highly accurate sales forecast, short- and long-term
- Identifying, qualifying, managing, and closing individual sales on short timescales
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills; attending training events throughout the year and participating in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate; using this product knowledge to recommend targeted campaigns throughout the year
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry
- Effectively using the forecasting automation tool (Salesforce) to record, manage, and report on all aspects of sales activity and relationships with leads and opportunities, and to provide critical forecasting data to the company
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products and creating targeted prospects based on learnings
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, marketing webinars, and trade shows on request
- Preparing written presentations, reports, and requesting price quotations
- Providing input when required for contract negotiations
- Managing sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently employing Anthology resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale
- Working with manager to define and execute territory sales plans
- Developing positive relationships with other employees in Solution Engineering, Marketing, SaaS Product Support, Finance, Product Development, Customer Success, and other departments as needed
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization to ensure that knowledge and expertise is leveraged throughout the sales team
- This role requires approximately 25% travel
We can teach you many of the things you will need to know, but you must already know how to manage your time, have strong organizational skills, build strong and long-lasting relationships with customers, and possess high energy and a competitive sales drive.
Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic and have a strong work ethic that complements a combination of the following:
- 2+ years’ sales experience in proactive client support roles and/or enterprise software or commerce solutions via phone, ideally in related industries, and/or complex solution software sales industries
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 20+ sales opportunities at any given time
- Effective communication style with strong written and presentation skills
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, discussing solutions with decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Knowledge of the online education market
- Successful achievement of $500K+ annual quotas using a consultative selling methodology via phone and web conferencing
- Experience operating within a fast-paced, multi-disciplined virtual team
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA