Director of Partner Management
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Anthology Partner Program is a differentiator in that it provides an ecosystem that enables our clients with a richer, more engaging educational experience for both learners and educators, no matter what their unique needs may be.
As leader of Partner Management, you will play a pivotal role in crafting, launching, and delivering Anthology Partner solutions in the Education Technology space. You will be a key thought leader in delivering Partner needs and in the orchestration of program services. You’ll develop an understanding of both Anthology and Blackboard products along with Partner needs, as well as build an awareness of market opportunities and competitive threats and positioning. You’ll apply this knowledge to build excitement that drives Anthology Partners through engagement journeys.
As the Director of Partner Management, primary responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a subject matter expert across the Anthology product portfolio and the EdTech market to influence and guide a growing and evolving Partnerships Program.
- As a subject matter expert, providing both the Partnerships team and partners with insights and structured guidance for leveraging the full scope of opportunities to access the Anthology ecosystem
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and Partner constituencies
- Leading, coaching and building a team of partner managers as they drive engagement with Anthology partners. The team activities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of Anthology Partner accounts at different stages within their lifecycle and maintaining ongoing engagements with prioritized Partners
- Creating Partner account plans to provide recommendations that will benefit the Partner’s investment in Anthology
- Helping new Partners navigate through their initial onboarding and fulfillment of program services
- Tracking and managing Partner satisfaction by monitoring Partner usage data, health indicators, and potential growth opportunities and translating into strategies for success
- Fostering relationships and collaborating with cross-functional internal teams (Product Management, Product Development) to ensure Partners achieve their business objectives
- Managing day-to-day relationships with Partners, developing an understanding of their products, services, and strategies to help Partners develop their product, sales, marketing, and delivery capabilities in line with our strategy
- Capturing and integrating key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure operational effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) for Partner marketing solutions
- Demonstrating the ability to present Partner technology to internal and external clients/stakeholders
- Providing events support in support of our Partners
- In coordination with Partner Marketing, creating, and managing a partner go-to-market program that offers measurable, market-driven campaigns which leverage a range of elements including public relations, social media, events, online marketing, direct marketing, and client programs
- Contributing to annual operational and strategic planning to advance the Anthology partnerships program
- This role requires approximately 25% travel
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- 7+ years of managing and coaching direct reports
- 7+ years of relationship management experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS organization
- Quick thinker, calm in tough situations, adept at problem resolution and not afraid of difficult discussions
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in a resource constrained environment and re-prioritize resources rapidly with competing interests
- Ability to think strategically while managing a team across multiple projects and Partners
- Ability to manage Partner expectations and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with outside departments to reach common company goals
- Enjoys working with different types of personalities and skill levels
- Previous experience in effective team and account management with strong customer-centric orientation
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external audiences
- Computer proficiency, including full command of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Salesforce, and other applications utilized for position
- Ability to exercise discretion, creative decision-making, and independent good judgment
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to specific product, team and Partner needs and think independently, addressing unique customer issues
- Comfort and proficiency with managing conflict and working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to act as advocate for Partners
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Fluency in other languages
- Passion for team building and creating business relationships
- Related experience in account management and customer support and retention
- Previous experience in a SaaS company
- Demonstrated ability to support Marketing, Business Development, proposal creation, and other efforts towards successful Partner acquisition and retention
- Previous data management experience
- Previous experience in the Education or EdTech space
- Enthusiasm for learning and positive influencing teams and partners to follow suite
We have an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.