Site Reliability Engineer
Brno, Czech Republic
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
As part of the K-12 Education Technology team known as Community
Engagement (CE), you will help districts and schools to reach their staff,
parents, and students by managing the infrastructure needed to deliver an
omni-Channel, integrated communications, and marketing tools that
increases brand awareness, engagement, and community outreach.
The DevOps team is responsible for thousands of AWS cloud-based resources through deployment automation, extensive monitoring, and intelligent management systems. This role is hands-on, cross-team oriented and champions problems while driving continuous improvement and innovation into the team and products. This role is responsible for all objectives that underpin the security, quality, reliability, and uptime of the production applications.
- Building, maintaining, and improving CI/CD pipeline in support of all assigned CE applications
- Actively practicing DevOps culture & SRE practices for building well stable product releases across environments
- Handling releases for various products as per the schedule
- Learning any appropriate tech stack needed for the organization
- Following Agile & DevOps culture and implementing SRE tools & practices
- Actively contributing for the team improvement areas
- Handling planned & support activities as per the priority set
- 24/7/365 responsibility for assigned production applications, including on-call responsibilities, following defined procedures, owning, and managing a runbook for each application, and maintaining system uptime to contractual SLA’s
- Participating in emergency incident response, on-call rosters & practicing blameless post-mortems that lead to improvements in resiliency
- Supporting of Production & Non-production environments where appropriate
- At least 4 years of cloud-based DevOps engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with Python, Shell, Ansible, YAML scripting
- Experience with networking concepts, MySQL/Dynamo DB, Lambda, backup & recovery strategies, and adhering security policies
- Demonstrated experience with 24/7/365 production support in a cloud environment, including outage/incident management
- Experience in troubleshooting large scale, multi region applications in a public cloud (Primarily AWS)
- Experience with cloud deployment and management tools (e.g. Terraform or CDK or Codedeploy)
- Knowledge in with containerization using Docker, Kubernetes or Open-shift
- Experience with monitoring, logging and alerting tools (e.g. Cloudwatch, New Relic, Grafana, ELK, Chaos Search)
- Experience with enabling CI/CD pipeline over codes using Jenkins or Azure or AWS (Code Pipeline)
- Able to contribute for continuous improvements & implementing the changes through automations
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams on the activities till completion
- Self-driven and ability to lead objectives to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across different layers within a company
- Experience with development of application using Python and Java
- Prior experience within the education industry and/or with e-learning technologies
- AWS Certification
- Experience with Windows system administration
We have an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless places to eat within walking distance
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.